Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Management Plan
Instead of "whining" about the lack of plan and complaining that nothing is being done, I decided to email the biologist that oversees the reservoir and was sent a copy of the management plan. So my suggestion to anyone is before you start "whining" at least find out what is going on.

Now, I would suggest those interested in Yuba to read the plan. Then, if you don't like something, contact Mike Slater and talk to him...at least find out why things are being done the way they are. Then, if you still don't like it, whine away!
[signature]
I like it
[signature]
Some people just feel the need to vent sometimes. And they have that right whether you think so or not. It's also your right to disagree and if it bothers you that much don't read it. You also have the right to ignore it.
[signature]
Thanks for posting that. There are a number of items in here that weren't covered at the RAC. All I can say is that they are definitely "thinking outside the box". For instance, I never thought I would ever read this from the DWR;

"Based upon fall index netting (see Goal 3
-
1) determine
if prey biomass (Utah chub and Utah sucker) is below
5%. If so
and if group deems necessary and approves,
investigate further the feasibili
ty of additional non
-
sportfish prey. For example; utilize/transplant Utah
Chub (sources to include Joes Valley and Scofield),
Utah Sucker (source is Strawberry Res.) and plan for
implementation in spring/summer 2015 then re
-
evaluate.
Conservation, Threaten
ed or
Endangered
species
not associated with the drainage
will not be
considered for stocking
as a supplemental prey source"

I bet Cliff would love to read that one. Of course, it would mean that folks would clamor for it to happen in other favorite forage challenged fisheries too and I don't know if it is practical elsewhere.
[signature]
[quote BagABigOne]Some people just feel the need to vent sometimes. And they have that right whether you think so or not. It's also your right to disagree and if it bothers you that much don't read it. You also have the right to ignore it.[/quote]

That's exactly what I was doing....venting and using my right to vent about people who vent about things they are ignorant about. FWIW, the definition of ignorance is lack of knowledge or understanding...
[signature]
[quote doggonefishin]
sportfish prey. For example; utilize/transplant Utah
Chub (sources to include Joes Valley and Scofield),
Utah Sucker (source is Strawberry Res.) and plan for
implementation in spring/summer 2015 then re
-.[/quote]

This is the part of the plan I don't like....I would rather they use their time and money working to reduce the predator population. But, we will just have to see if the plan works...
[signature]
Thanks for sharing this. It will be a good read.
[signature]
[quote BagABigOne]Some people just feel the need to vent sometimes. And they have that right whether you think so or not. It's also your right to disagree and if it bothers you that much don't read it. You also have the right to ignore it.[/quote]

Yeah.

For those of us who read this forum seeking information, the venting about non-facts is counter-productive and a waste of time. I would suggest anyone who cares about their credibility think about that before launching into an emotional rant.

Correcting those who whine about imagine facts IS useful to the rest of us -- not only to help understand situations as they are -- but also to sort out credibility.

Not all opinions are created equal.
[signature]
Interesting read. I would prefer that they didn't try to increase the walleye population at the expense of reducing the northern pike population. We already have several places that one can go to catch a walleye; however, places that we can catch northern pike are few and far between.
[signature]
I agree. The Northerns are doing good with the low water. If they can do good with little help lets go with it. I believe they are feeding mostly on the small carp that don't need to be supplemented. I think it is good that the DWR has a plan for Yuba. I just think that if a stable Northern fishery has emerged then we should appreciate it for how unique it is.
[signature]
Worm thanks for putting that up. It was a great read.

I would highly encourage those seeking the real info to contact the DNR. Mike Slater is someone that can really explain the ins and outs of Yuba. I have taken an hour or two of that guys time to have it explained to me and I sure learned a ton!

Guys posting on the forums and a lot of locals out on the water are easily biased to what they think is right, but not necessarily what is actually right. Yep lots of "Random Angler Theories" out there.
[signature]
I really like your quote from Elizabeth Cady Stanton. I'm glad that you're allowing the light to flow into your soul by speaking out against the ignorance that is pervasive on this forum. Since I'm a critical thinker, and I always attempt to instill others with the same capability, it is pleasant to see more enlightened folks finally articulating themselves on this forum. Many times, the opinions of others on this forum, although I know for fact are clouded or misguided, I choose not to comment upon simply because it is fearful and unpleasant to confront the ignorant, and having been an educator, I know for a fact some people who are not open can never be taught the truth no matter how hard you try. But yes it is easy to fall into the trap of fearing the opinions of others and remain silent even when you shouldn't. That is the most excellent and enlightening quote you have there for sure. I have fallen silent for the most part. It's Sad but I guess the divine floods of life and and light are not flowing into my soul for a bit at least. Anglers can be an intimidating lot. It's hard to say anything if your opinion differs.
[signature]
There was quite a bit of time that went into this plan for sure. I was hoping to see a lower pike limit of 10 and only one over 32". It was mentioned that 1 over 38" but we were able to keep it as only one over 36".

Feel free to let Mike Slater know you would much rather see a shorter 30-32" as he is a good guy to work with and does care about angler input!
[signature]