Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
I know it may be a little late to ask this, but anyone know if there is still enough water in EC to launch a boat? Just a small 14' fishin boat, don't really need a dock, just sufficient water to float the boat off the trailer.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
i was there last Saturday, launch was fine. docks still in the water, fishing was great. had a hard time keeping all our lines in the water over 30 fish by 10am
[signature]
petty4life, thanks for the info. Got up this morning and read your post, but just couldn't get my stuff in gear to make the drive to EC. Made a trip to WB, since it's less than 20 miles from home.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Were you fishing deep with riggers Jason?
[signature]
I fished East Canyon on Wed 9am to 10am and I was in my 14 ft boat. The docks were still out and yes you can launch. I fished by myself and in an hour caught 8. Kept four and spent the next half hour joy riding around the lake in my boat as this was the first time I'd had it a lake were I could open it up. I was trolling with a deep diving rapala and a shallow diving one. No down riggers. Caught fish on both but mostly on the shallow one. Fish were everywhere from 50 ft to 15 ft. Caught the fish as I was trolling off of points.Had lunch and was on the way home by noon. Good day. The fish were tasty!
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Were you fishing deep with riggers Jason?[/quote]

15-30ft
[signature]
Was the water cool to the touch?[:p]
[signature]
[quote Theekillerbee]Was the water cool to the touch?[:p][/quote]

Water was warmer then the air temp
[signature]
Good to hear several folks are catching trout at EC, thanks for the report, were any over 13"?
[signature]
I'd say they were around 13-15 inches.
[signature]