Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard was calm today
Had the whole lake all to myself. Not another single boat on the water for the 5 hours I was there. Water temp at 52-55, levels are pretty much same as last week. North marina still launch-able for small boats. And water was calm as glass most the time I was there. Got a little choppy about 3 PM when I was leaving . Actually did catch one average size Cat, but released him.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Reminds me of when I had scofield all to myself in august with the same conditions. [cool] Ya gotta love it!!!!![fishin]
[signature]
At least you caught a cat, were you bait fishing when you caught it? Did you try trolling? The water temp really dropped since Tues, I guess rain and cold air temps will do that. Thanks for the report and pics.
[signature]
WH2 I trolled for about 90 minutes when I first got there about 10 AM yesterday. I ran slow as 1.2 mph and as fast as 3.5 mph. Tried all my usual rat-l-traps, several crank baits diving, suspending, floating, and a few of my Storm swim baits. I worked the west wall to the light pole, then east to about the middle. Then big circles and zig zags around in the big open area. Nothing took any interest. I drifted for awhile with bottom bouncers and worm rigs, and then about 30 minutes before I decided to quit for the day, I anchored just outside the marina mouth in about 6' with a couple bottom weighted rigs with night crawlers. Got several light nibbles, and then one that hit and kept running. That was the one Cat I managed to boat and release. I forgot to include in my post yesterday that all the buoys at the north marina mouth have been pulled out now. In anticipation of the freeze coming I guess.
[signature]

Cool
Well it sounds like you covered all the bases. I tried a worm harness as well but maybe I was going too fast. I guess I'll try a jig and crawler next time as well. If they pulled the buoys off the island, that could get scary, if the power squadron is still out there.
[signature]
I believe the water has gotten too cold for the power boats and skiers. I didn't get far enough south to see if the island buoys are gone or not, but I have the 4 corners of the island way pointed on my GPS, so I can usually get in pretty close before I have to worry about the bottom coming up to meet me.
[signature]

Cool
I was out there again today and there are still buoys on the Island plus still water skiers as well. I'll post some pics of the Island later for those that have never seen it out of the water.
[signature]
Any luck today Curt? Crazy how fast the season is changing this year. Later J
[signature]
No luck again. Yea, the season is over at Willard but I'm still hoping I can hit it on a good day and be able to catch a few[:/].
[signature]
My personal season is pretty much over. I know after the boat repairs are made I will need to get out and try out the motor then its winterize time. I hope to get out on the weber here soon as well one last time. Then I get to hibernate until spring. Well maybe some ice fishing may happen this year.
[signature]
Good luck I hope you do get some good ones still. I'm not ready to quit yet, hope I can still catch a few. Later J
[signature]
My fishing season is far from over, just all the time I spend at Willard. Time to start looking at some of the local trout fishing spots that go largely untouched by me until we get colder weather, like we have now or maybe I'll make a drive up to Hyrum for some bassin[Wink].
[signature]