Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappointed
We went to Public Shooting Grounds yesterday for the opener. Everything was pretty good people being really considerate giving us pleanty of room. The only thing was people started shooting at 6:50 which irritated the hell out of me. Where are peoples ethics? One group that was shooting to the pond behind us that started shooting early had two kids with them. What kind of example are you? If this was you shooting before official shooting hours shame on you. I didn't start shooting until 7:30 and I got enough birds by 3:00 we left.
[signature]
That is the same thing I was thinking on the youth hunt. Take your youth out, and teach them the wrong way to hunt. I don't get it....
[signature]
I was set up on some Private Property just East of Public I could not believe that ether I was setting up goose decoys started to hear shots had to check my phone for the time thinking I lost 40 minutes some where. After those shots right at 7:00 it went nuts every where I could not believe it. My dad and I just laid there shaking our heads. We waited till 7:30 as well had plenty of opportunity before 7:30 to shoot but followed the guide book. Lots of Gadwalls, Widgeons and a few teal for us no geese they did not want the field we were in.
[signature]
I have not been out on the opener in many years. It's so Sad that people are still doing this. Sounds like nothing has changed. Wow, and we wonder why so many of our youth struggle with so many things in life. They have poor mentors and parents that can't lead by example.
[signature]
We were still standing around in the middle of our pond talking, dekes weren't even set when the first shot rang out! Could not believe it, that beats jumping the gun on any other year by at least a half hour!

Sounds like it was pretty much across the state, WHAT HAPPENED??
[signature]