Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opener success!
So, despite the idiots shooting early we still had a pretty good opener! Not as good as it has been but we all had fun and there were NO mosquitoes! never seen that before!

Took my beautiful wife and two buddies. Wife shot four including one stellar october cinnamon, the other two guys struggled to connect and took one a piece.
[inline IMAG0019.jpg]
[inline IMAG0022.jpg]
[signature]
I think I saw this boat roll past my house early saturday morning as i was getting ready to leave.
Do you live north of Riverton High?
[signature]
Nope, but the jeep that was pulling it does! My good friend Dan Radack owns it and live just north of RHS
[signature]
Cool.
[signature]
so how many did you shoot?
[signature]
Six, including that full color greenhead [Smile]

Also, the stupid bolt handle (the pin that lets me pulls the action back) came off my Franchi I12 at some point in the first few minutes of the hunt! What the heck?? Gun still worked but had to fire a shot to get it to open the action!
[signature]
Nicely done! All the guys around us started shooting 45 minutes early, was it the same for you?

I still love the opener though.
[signature]
yes, we were still standing around in the middle of the pond talking when the idiots started pulling triggers! hadn't even started to set decoys yet! Unbelievable.

That probably cost us a few birds but I really think there just weren't as many this year as last. Unit 1 looked like a ghost town on the drive out where it's usually packed with birds looking for refuge.

Oh well, on to the real hunting now that all the yahoos have been on their one trip for the year! Can't wait for the BRBR to open up, it may be like a second opener hunting uneducated birds!
[signature]
Great job you two, thanks for the post and pictures. Glad to see your wife is back out there with you and that is a sweet cinnie i got his twin brother not to far from you. It sure is tough getting into my spot this year with all the seed and phrag overgrowth.
[signature]
That's good tony, because then you'll be the only one that'll be able to get there!

I need to get back on the ball, haven't been out since the opener! luckily it sounds like I haven't missed much! I really want to get out to Doug and do some scouting!
[signature]
well if we go out together I will bring the secret weapon and we will really scout it.
[signature]