Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I walked on water at The Island
No catching was involved but the water was as clear as I've seen it in three weeks, water temp was 60*. I tried fishing slower but no luck and although it was a calm afternoon on the water, few terns were diving. Anyway, for those of you that have never seen the island, here are some pics, even a close up pic of the type of rock that makes up the island.
[inline Willardisland09.JPG]
[signature]
So how many lures did you find?
[signature]
[#502800]Any lower units or stainless props laying around?[/#502800]
[signature]
AIl I found was that blade in my third attached pic.
[signature]
It was surprisingly clean, a weighted tire, likely for a buoy and a rim was all that I saw.
[signature]
Perhaps you weren't the first one to walk it.
[signature]
Looks like a whole lot of mud.
[signature]
Thanks for the scout trip. Interesting - as you say - curious to see, not just mud - some rocky bits too. How quick does it rise up? Guess you can nose in without taking out your prop - if you're careful! Or row....

wow.
That is possible but I noticed as I walked, I was leaving foot prints and I saw no other prints. The island has only been out of the water for a week and there are not a lot of folks out there lately.
[signature]
That is not mud, it is rock covered by silt or mud if you will.
[signature]
I had to walk on the water to get to the shore[Wink] but where I left the boat it was about 1.5 ft deep at the bow a little deeper at the prop, which I had trimed up, so it would not drag. On the West side of the island, it drops off a little quicker but the East side, it is shallow for 50 yds or so before you get to the shore.
[signature]