Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 goal a fish from all UT counties
I know this is early but I have decided to make a goal for 2014. I would like to try to catch a fish from every county in Utah. I am looking for suggestions. If you all could list a lake or river to try and the county it is listed in I would greatly appreciate it.
[signature]
Heres a start for you...

Spirit Lake- Dagget
Utah Lake-Utah
Yuba-Juab
[signature]
Thanks for the ideas. I may need some pointers for Yuba though. That lake has been unforgiving to me the three times I fished it. Even driving by there on my way to Richfield I tend to smell skunk.
[signature]
The fish I caught out of there this year were on a spoon and a fly.

Here are some more ideas:

Raft river/clear creek- box elder
Tony grove- cache
[signature]
Thanks for the good ideas. Both those areas I have not fished before. Any ideas on Grand county? I looked at a Google map and there doesn't look like much. Just the Colorado and the Green. Both of which are rivers that I don't have much experience with. River fishing for me in general is a challenge. I grew up just fishing lakes and reservoirs in a float tube. Mostly just dragging flies around. If you have any recommendations or can guide me to someone that might know how to fish the area that would be great.
[signature]
Hit the la sal mountains just east of Moab.
Mill Creek is fairly easy place to pick up small trout. You can access it with Grand and San Juan Counties within 10 miles south of Moab. Knocking off 2 counties in short order. Ken's Lake is across the border into San Juan County about a mile west of an access of Mill Creek. Ken's Lake is a very small reservoir. I'd check into levels and stocking reports as runoff was dismal this year. In March it had very little water.
[signature]