Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duck Valley
Three of us are heading to Duck Valley tomorrow for a couple of days. Out of the three lakes, which one should we spend most of our time at. I have not fished it for a couple of years.
[signature]
We fished Sheep Creek this spring, after doing nothing at Mt. View. The tribe biologist told us Sheep Creek was the better choice....and fewer people. If you want details, PM me. Mike
[signature]
When I was down there 2 years ago Lake Billy Shaw was by far the best fishing. It does cost a little extra for a permit there and I believe it is all C&R but there are some dandy fish in there. Have fun,

Cole
[signature]
Truchas,
Here is the Sho-Pai's fishery report of the lures that were productive at Sheep Creek. Mike

Lures catching fish were red, brown, green or black leech and sheep creek special, wooly bugger, and stayner ducktail for fly casters. Shore bait casters were catching fish using worms/night crawler and marshmallows or power bait suspended off the bottom.
[signature]
Are you going to stop at Grasmere? They plant like 50,000 Lahontan cutthroat trout a year. Ron
[signature]
Just got back at 3:00 today. Sheep Creek was disappointing. I don't like fishing milky water when you only have one foot visibility. I ended up with four, another friend 3 and the 3rd had a skunk. We tried Billy Shaw and it was a little more clear, but a big zero for two hours of fishing. The second day at Sheep Creek my two friends caught 1 bass a piece and I ended up landing 8 trout ranging from 14 to 19 inches.All mine were caught on brown leaches. We decided to pack up the trailer and head to Mountain View. Too bad we didn't do that at the start. We knew it would be much clearer. My black simi-seal leaches was the ticket at Mtn. View. By no means did we slay them, but we all caught fish and my buddy and I both had fish scream out line then break us off. And I mean scream out line. Mine was into my backing so quick and then it broke off without applying hardly any pressure. All but a couple of the 20 or so were caught on my black simi-seal leaches that I tie up.
[signature]