Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Report 12-5
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?username=petty4life;"][#800080]petty4life[/#800080][/url] and I spent the morning on Scofield. The day started off with getting hit with in the first 15 minutes and petty taking my fish after the fish swim around his line. As he reeled in the line he broke my line and pulled the fish out of his hole. The fish had my lure, minis my line, hooked in his mouth and pettys’ lure hooked to my lure. This must have bought bad luck to petty. He sat there all day with out a bite while I continued to get hit after hit. I was able to hook around 20 fish most 12”-17” using a yellow-green water cricket or hand tied jig tipped with wax or meal worm. I even let him use one of my poles I’d set up along with the Vexilar, he still couldn’t get one on the hook. I guest that’s what happens when you try taking someone else fish and claim it yours. LOL FishingWaters = 20+ petty4life = 0

The ice condition are still good 4” – 6” of solid ice. There where numerous ATV in the back of vehicles, non on the ice.
[signature]
hey the fish came threw my hole and my pole hes mine i did get one. just dont tell polokid you out fished me he'll have a hay day with that one. i did get lots of bites but only the one hookup
[signature]
One hookup? Yea, you hooked my lure not the fish. My lure was in the fishes’ mouth not yours. LOL
[signature]
and half the fish you caught are considered bait
[signature]
Not quite half, only 3 were under 6” and one 8”. That’s more than you put on the ice.
[signature]
My wife (the "fishwife," I call her) finally showed me how to upload digital pictures. This is my favorite icefishing catch at Scofield, the day after Christmas last year, one hundred yards east of the north point of the Island. We used rainbow Power Bait. Can't believe the wife puts up with going icefishing - dragging stuff out, peeing in the bushes a mile away, drinking cold coffee. Can't wait to haul her out there this year. [Tongue]
I need to get some pictures of the fish caught today before I filet them for dinner tomorrow. 1 nice colored Cutt 17” and 1 nice colored Bow 17”.
[signature]