Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
deprivation hunt
I was woundering if any one any thing about deprivation hunt like what are the odds of getin one and and how often they happen
[signature]
A deprivation hunt is about the easiest way to get meat in the freezer in the state, in my opinion. I did one a few years ago just north of Heber. Called the land owner and scheduled a weekend, met him up there, he told me where they were likely to be, went there and shot an elk within the hour!

Odds are not quite like over the counter, but they're still pretty good I think. We drew two tags for three guys when we tried it. Elk hunting is too much work and sweat though, that's why I switched to waterfowling and a 100+ day season!

Oh, and I believe it's depredation hunt, not deprivation [Smile]
[signature]
[quote fish_or_die]

Oh, and I believe it's depredation hunt, not deprivation [Smile][/quote]

If you've ever been hunting with me, it's definitely a deprivation hunt. I've deprived you of hours of your life that you'll never get back and deprived you of the opportunity to actually shoot something like deer, pheasants, even coyotes. [:p]

Matt
[signature]
I usually deprive my bank account of money and my toes of warmth while mosquitoes deprive me of blood!

Every once and a while though, I'm able to deprive a duck of his life, backpeddling at 10 yards, and that seems to make it all worth it [Smile]

What a stupid hobby!
[signature]
Try a Depredation Hunt, better than a deprivation hunt, just my .02
[signature]
Lol ya I suck at spelling but I put in for it on the Internet and I was wondering will dnr get a hold of me or am I supposed to do any thing eles
[signature]