Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba with ma and pa
We couldn't help it we are addicted to pike. My mom said this fish is the biggest fish of her life, mission accomplished. It was a windy slow day at Yuba we fought the wind for a couple hours with nothing to show for it. I decided we could go down toward the dam and get out of the wind. I have never fished down their but at least it would be less windy. We ended up only catching 3. It was awesome watching my mom do battle with this fish it made 4 good runs, she would get it to the boat then it would take off. I finally netted it and it was like she just won 1000 dollars she was screaming and hollering with joy. I loved every minute. Dad unfortunately ended up with a stinky skunk you will get them next time.
[signature]
Those feisty pike are fun to catch I have to agree.
[signature]
Nice pics Daniel, thanks for sharing your report. So how big was that largest pike, I really can't tell from the pic with the scale.
[signature]
Not sure weight scale not working
[signature]
Did you measure it?
[signature]
Yes both big pike were 33" short HA HA one day we will get that 40" one
[signature]
Nice report and great fish. Congratulations.
It is indeed, easy to get hooked on Northerns.

With the DWR's management plan, I believe that you can look to Yuba to be a pike producer for years to come and hopefully, a great walleye fishery once again as well.

I was there Saturday and when the wind finally laid down we caught two before we had to leave. Always fun!
[signature]