Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon report
Son and I went to EC Friday 11 Oct. Got on the water just before 9 AM, and in less than 30 minutes, we had boated and released 6 Rainbows. Between 9 AM and 1 PM we boated and released a total of 12, lost 1 right at the boat gunwale, and had several strike and runs, then nothing. Day was beautiful, early partial clouds, but virtually no wind till after 12 PM. Still good ramp in the water, and docks still in the water, although it's a LOOOONG hike from the bottom of the ramp or the docks up to the wipe down area or the trailer parking. Depth at the end of the ramp was 2.5 - 3 ft. Once away from ramp, bottom dropped off quickly. At the end of the docks was 17 - 20 ft. and once out of the buoys depth went down to 40 ft. plus. Near the buoy line at the dam, still close to 100 ft.
All fish caught were 12-14 inch and were hitting Floating #7 Rapala Black & Gold or Black and Silver lipped crank baits, trolled long line behind the boat at 2.4 - 2.7 mph (GPS) (would guess they were running about 7-10 feet down while moving, and would rise in turns or slow downs).
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Nice detailed report and pics TC. I've got to get up there soon.
WH2
[signature]
[img] (034) 0931 Kevin #3.jpg [/img][img] (033) 0930 Kevin working #3.jpg[/img]WH2 I missed posting a couple other pics. one of these days I'll figure out why I can't get my pics to work inline with the post.........
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
This is a little write up TD did years ago about attaching inline pics, hope it helps.

[ol][li][font "Times New Roman"]If possible, crop and size all of the pictures you plan to insert into the body of the text so that they are no wider than 450 pixels. If you can't, don't worry. But, the larger the pics, the more difficult to add text around them in the editing mode. They show up full size, even though they will resize when posted.[/font] [li][font "Times New Roman"]Second, put the pictures you wish to attach into an easily located file. Give them descriptive names. That helps you to find them easier when inserting them, so that you can properly position them within the text. [/font][li][font "Times New Roman"]Bring up the first page of the forum upon which you want to make your post. Click on the box above “Subject” that says “New Thread”. Or click on “Reply” if you want to reply to another post and provide pictures to illustrate the points you make in your response.[/font] [li][font "Times New Roman"]When the new page comes up, ready for your post…and pictures…you may wish to attach pictures first. This will allow you to insert the pictures into the text as you write. But, you have the option of writing your post first and adding pictures later.[/font] [li][font "Times New Roman"]To attach pictures, first move your cursor down to the “Browse” box…just under the text box. Click on “Browse” and a menu will come up for all of the files on your computer. [/font][li][font "Times New Roman"]Scroll through the folders until you find the one containing the (presized) picture(s) you want to attach. Double click on the (first) one you want to attach…or single click to highlight the name of the picture and then click on “Open”. The file name will appear in the box beside the “Browse” button.[/font] [li][font "Times New Roman"]CHECK THE “INLINE” BOX. This is necessary for you to be able to insert the pictures inside the text area later.[/font] [li][font "Times New Roman"]Click on “Upload Attachment”. The name of your attachment/picture will appear at the bottom of your text. You should verify that the Inline feature is checked.[/font] [li][font "Times New Roman"]Repeat steps 5 through 8 in Method # 1 for as many pictures as you wish to attach. However, if you have more than 4 pictures, you may want to just attach them. [/font][li][font "Times New Roman"]Before, during or after composing text, you can bring the pictures into the text area. Some prefer to add pics first, and then write the copy around them. Others prefer to write the copy and then to insert pics at chosen spots. Still others prefer to attach all the pics first, and then insert them at the appropriate points as they write the narrative.[/font] [li][font "Times New Roman"]The first critical step to bringing INLINE pictures into the post is to place your cursor at the point where you want the picture to appear. Put the arrow at the desired point and left click to locate the cursor. (It is wise to create a couple of spaces between the lines of copy.)[/font] [li][font "Times New Roman"]Next, go to the editing toolbar (just above the text area). Look for the square box on the far right of the second row of buttons. Place your cursor over it. It will read “Insert Image”. [/font][/li][/ol]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=35258"][inline "INLINE ATTACHMENT.jpg"][/url]
[font "Times New Roman"]13. Left click “Insert Image” once to bring up a menu box. Click on the “Inline Attachment” option. The menu box will change to show your single inline picture…or a list of all the pictures you have checked for inline.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=35259"][inline "INLINE ATTACH WINDOW.jpg"][/url]

[font "Times New Roman"]14. Click first on the picture you wish to place inside…wherever you have the cursor placed. Then click on “OK”. Like magic, your inline picture will appear at the chosen spot.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]15. Double space down to begin typing other text or to add another picture.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]16. When all text and pictures have been added to your post, click the “Post Message” button.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Note: The list of pictures which have been checked “Inline” will not appear at the bottom of your post, as they will if you do NOT have them checked. However, if you click on your “Edit” button, you will see them. This allows you to remove them or uncheck them in edit mode.[/font]
[signature]
If the info doesn't help that WH2 gave you then check your browser. It doesn't work with google chrome or apple safari.

Nice report thanks.
[signature]
nice report. thanks for the pics and info. does anyone know if there are trails to ride atv's around ec? looking for a place to take the family this weekend. Thanks, humpy
[signature]
Nice update. I need to head up there. Haven't fished there in some time. Thanks
[signature]