Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch Lake????
I was just wondering if anybody has been fishing yet or has checked the ice yet. I'll take just about anything you've heard because I'm planning on making a trip Sunday.
[signature]
call and ask at the aspen cove resort . .where we had lunch last may . . they also can fix you up with a ice fishing box lunch or something . . .thermos full of hot soup . . ect they did something like that last year , chef's name is
Rudy

[size 2](435) 676-8988
Toll Free (866) 497-5581[/size]

[size 2]sm[/size]
[signature]
Thanks Southernman I think I might do that.
[signature]
We are planning a family trip to panguitch lake next summer. What can you tell me about the fishing. are there any streams to fish in the area? how is the fishing on the lake?
[signature]
Fishing has been hit or miss but that's the story for most lakes and of course it's different for every angler. I'd rent a boat and do some trolling with bait and lures. I usually fish the stream below the dam and get some nice fish in the 1 to 2 pound class. The lower section of this stream has been over run by chubs and the DWR has quite stocking it so it might be tough. The two streams/springs that feed Panguitch are closed during the spawn so check the proclamation for dates. Mammoth Creek is close but the lower section is artificial flies and lures only. The upper section above the cabins is open to bait fishing but the no stocking policy the DWR has implemented could make a huge impact on numbers of fish. If you do try Mammoth make sure you know which sections are what so you don't get a ticket. With in a hour drive you have many options. If you've never been to the parks, I strongly recommend it.

If you need anything else feel free to ask.
[signature]
Glad I could help. I tried to fish the outlet stream and it was dry. The lake is so low it doesn't even get to the dam.
[signature]