Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WY. Hunt
The wife and I returned from our antelope hunt in WY. yesterday, we started our hunt last Weds. and finished our hunt on Friday. We put up with some nasty rain & sleet weather but ended up bagging a couple of antelope. They were pretty spooky after having been chased around since the 20th of Sept. in our area but we had fun none the less. They weren't record breakers but fun to hunt since we hadn't hunted them for at least a dozen years or more. We just had some tenderloins from my buck tonight for dinner and they were great. The deer population in the area we have been hunting for the past 15 years up there looked pretty bleak, we spent several mornings and evenings searching for some good white tail or mule deer bucks but didn't find any good ones. Did see a lot of pheasant so that should be good hunt when we head back up. We spent one day hunting the Pitchfork Ranch for antelope and that was a great ranch to hunt with the Washakie Mountains bordering the hunting area making for some beautiful scenery. We saw alot of elk with a few nice bulls on the ranch along with grundles of white tail and mule deer. Looking forward to our return trip for deer and pheasant in a couple of weeks.
[signature]
Nice work on baggin a couple speed goats!
[signature]
Congrats to you and your wife those are some nice ones thanks for posting the photos.
[signature]
Great job Gale, them are some nice bucks.!!!!
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
They are nothing like the one that Debbie S. (Mrs. Crankem) killed in WY. this year. I know she was very happy.
[signature]
Very nice. Congrats!
[signature]
Yep, that was a really nice buck...
Heading out on my 3 corners bull hunt next week, hoping to do well on that. Got the muzzle loader printing 2 inch groups at 200 so I'm pretty excited to see how it performs on a big bull.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Good luck to you Todd, about time to start thinking about ice fishing. Saw a neat site on the way up antelope hunting, part way across the bridge at Boysen there was a big Rattler coiled up striking at cars as they were going by, I guess he didn't make it as there was nothing but a gease spot where he was at upon our return trip. I'm sure the birds had a feast.[:p]
[signature]
Very nice goats Pete. You and the Mrs. did very well. Congrats to teh two of you.

BTW, My elk will be back from the Taxi in December, Photos to come!!!![cool]
[signature]