Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFO X5 Outlaw
I've just ordered a X5 outlaw from Dave Scadden. From pictures I've observed that some folks mount a trolling motor with the "pointed ends" forward and others reverse the frame and run the zodiac rounded end forward. I'd appreciate any comments on your experiences/preferences. I'll be largely fishing still waters and will elevate the seat and not be using fins. The White River in Arkansas (my primary fishing area) has little or no current when water is not being released from the dam. As you troll there are areas where you must pull the boat over shallow areas. Thanks for the help and ideas.
If you fly fish, it is nice to keep the tip of the rod down towards the water. Hard to do with it in the Zodiac position. Not impossible, just difficult.
If you spin fish, no worries. I think if you wish to go forward, then running it curve side front (Zodiac) it would be fine. If you run it backwards then you would want the open end front.
Hubby ran his Zodiac style because he had a gas motor, and you can't lift it like an electric.
By not using fins you will loose slow subtle movement however.

I have had mine for about 7 years now.....LOVE IT!
[signature]
Thanks for the help! I looked at your blog ---- Very nice
[signature]