Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow duck days of October...
Made it out this weekend with the wife and another couple (duck double date?). Unit 1 at farmington was full o ducks but our spot was totally empty of quackers. Spent an hour hiking around and scouting for the better days to come, but in the end we called it and headed back in early. Only saw a handful of ducks in the distance the whole time.

Talked to the warden on our way out, looks like a few people found them but most of us got skunked. Oh well,

T-minus 12 days to Canada! [laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I will talk to you in a bit. Smile
[signature]
I haven't hunted Farmington bay for years, do you still need a 90 ft barrel to hunt there because of all the sky busters?
[signature]
Only if you hunt off the dike or out of your boat!

For those willing to walk a hundred yards off the dikes you can shoot ducks feet down all year long!
[signature]
Last time I hunted there I could walk forever and have hunters surrounding me. None of which had any knowledge that a 12 ga had a less max effective range than their 30-06.
[signature]
Ha [Smile] yeah those jack As still exist in healthy numbers, but as the weather gets colder and the hunting gets better they stay home an watch football more!

You'd think after going through a $15 box of shells and not hitting a bird it would dawn on them that an 80 yard shot is not possible with #2s...
[signature]