Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petty4life, we could have used your help today at East Canyon
Wiperslayer and I fished East canyon today, we arrived and launched the boat around 8am and were off the water by noon.The day started out ok as we headed back to the inlet to troll, water temp was 40*. We were marking a lot of fish in 40 to 50 foot of water and seeing a lot of surface activity, so we started trolling on the surface. We got a few hits but no fish in the boat, so we started fishing deeper using down riggers and lead core line. We got 8 or 9 in the boat fishing about 15 to 20 feet deep but then the wind came up around 10am and the catching slowed way down. We headed over by the dam to get out of the wind but Petty's spot did not work for us and after trolling for an hour and only catching one fish we called it a day. There were over a dozen people fishing from shore and at least a few of them were catching fish, there was also one other boat on the water but they got off the water before we came in. I guess I'm going to need Petty to give me some more lessons on catching at him favorite lake. WH2
[signature]
What were you guys trolling with? What speed were you trolling. We've found that speed can make all the difference in the world up there.
[signature]
We fished from shore yesterday, we got there late and fished until the sun went down. We couldn't buy a bite.
[signature]
We started off trolling with a triple teazer and a 3in, minnow rapala. Later we went to gold flatfish and a green rooster tail but the gold flatfish was what caught most the fish. We tried staying at one mph but when the wind came up we were going slower at times. WH2
[signature]
What area were you fishing and what were you using? Most of the people we saw fishing from shore were back toward the inlet by that day parking area, where the restrooms are. WH2
[signature]
Petty sure knows that lake, and by the sounds of it the tandom, killerbee/ petty is even deadlier. I am hoping to get my boat fixed and East Canyon not to freeze over and take both them out for a clinic!!!
[signature]
I thought you said you would be finished on the boat repairs this weekend, did you have a problem or just not enough time? With the water temp still at 40* I would say you still have some time. Here is one of the parasite infested bows we caught yesterday. WH2
[signature]
I really am in no hurry to get my boat done, since it has been 2 years. Neveronsunday is helping me with my hydrolic lines!!! (much appreciated) So i am hoping it will be good to go by the mid of January!!!
[signature]