Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber river
Finally made it out today for a little bit of fishing. Started out on a river a friend recommended but it was a low and slow going. So after one chunky rainbow I took off for the weber. Was redeemed with a bunch of nice looking browns. [inline photo(21).JPG] I didn't really catch on until the third fish landed, but i caught the same fish from the same hole three seperate times, all in less than 45 minutes! [inline photo(22).JPG] All in all it was nice to be out and enjoy the river. It sure would be nice to have the flows on the Weber back up to where they usually are, make's for some spotty fishing. [inline GOPR0247.JPG]
[signature]
143 views? Seems to have slowed down a lot these days...
[signature]
Its getting cold....people staying indoors now...except for us nuts who need to get a fishing fix.[:p]
[signature]
Agreed! I'm that crazy guy who prefers to fish in the middle of winter because I have the river to myself... Now that's the life!
[signature]
[quote TylerKunz]Agreed! I'm that crazy guy who prefers to fish in the middle of winter because I have the river to myself... Now that's the life![/quote]

Brrrrr[:|]
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]Its getting cold....people staying indoors now...except for us nuts who need to get a fishing fix.[:p][/quote]

Or maybe they are OUT fishing or hunting. Would have to be NUTS to Not enjoy the weather we have been having, it has been beautiful. All about to change though.
Waiting for your report Albino...seems W.O.R.K. has been interrupting your "fishing fix".[Tongue]
[signature]
Yes it has. I got a trip planned Friday to yuba with WH2.
[signature]
Did you pull that last one out from underneath the big log that hangs out from the opposite bank ?
[signature]
Tyler, check out this post. You got a lot of great river shots:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforu...ead#unread
[signature]
[quote slimerslayer]Did you pull that last one out from underneath the big log that hangs out from the opposite bank ?[/quote] ha maybe? [Wink]
[signature]
[Wink] The tree and woodpile in the background looked really familiar...
[signature]
Now just don't tell anyone else where it is! Not that is much of a secret spot. Joni- thanks for the link I will look into that!
[signature]
Secret spot? lol maybe a year ago. That stretch gets hit more then anywhere else now!
[signature]
No worries ! You ever work that stretch up instead of down ?
[signature]
It's all private past that fence that's across the river..... Sounds like you've been somewhere you shouldn't have! Unless you haven't gone past that fence. [Wink]
[signature]
Went through that gate when the owner was back in there doin some tractor work. He just waived at me as I walked by. The gate was closed when I came out a couple hours later and I just secured it after I closed it back up. Fished with his dog ( Clip ) hangin with me all day a couple of times. BTW...that run just above the fence you're speaking of is always a multi fish hole for me.
[signature]
Nice. There's a hole in between the fallen log that everyone fishes and the fence that you can sit at for 5 hours, never have to move and never catch the same fish twice! Love that hole.
[signature]
[quote SatanLBZ801]Secret spot? lol maybe a year ago. That stretch gets hit more then anywhere else now![/quote] it seems the excitement has actually died down a lot... If fishes best during the winter when everybody else is at home anyway! And it still produces some quality fish every time... Kinda feels like cheating[Wink]
[signature]
[quote slimerslayer]No worries ! You ever work that stretch up instead of down ?[/quote] I have gone up to that first Bend in the river. There is a sign there that's either "no trespassing" or "end of access" so I haven't gone up any further than that.
[signature]