Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need to buy new rod any suggestions?
[mad]Hello at my last fishing adventure one of the leader rings for the line broke of It was a Shakespeare ugly stick a had used this rod 3 times so imagine my disappointment on it breaking so easily.
I fish mostly in lakes, like to fish for trout cat fish, kokanee, I live in Utah.
I saved the reel so just need a new rod and would like a good back up rod[Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
Replacing the guide is also an easy solution. I thought Ugly Sticks were pretty reliable. Maybe you got one with a defect.
Good luck and get back out ASAP. It is only going to get better.[Smile]
[signature]
how do you do that?
[signature]
It would require a little rod building. Buy the guide and some thread. Coat with some Epoxy. Something that comes in handy if you fish a lot. I always pack an in field repair kit.
It might not be purdy, but it can be done pretty easy.

I have repair a couple of rods with fly tying thread and SHHAN (Sally Hansens Hard As Nails) Still use that rod.
[signature]
thank you
[signature]
I Took my rod back to SW and I think the guy felt sorry for me he replaced my ugly with a witch was a light rod with a medium ugly stick that has better attached leader rings. my hubby said leave the rest for Santa.
so I can fish again and am looking forward to Christmas lol [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]