Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Fly Fishing Comp results....And the winner is......
TroutBumDave has won the BFT Utah Fly Fishing Comp! It was a tight race but TBD pulled through and managed to win by a mere 10 inches.

The top 3 were..................

1st Place - TroutBumDave
2nd Place - FlyFishingLover
3rd Place - TyeDyeTwins

Here are the biggest fish of each species submitted......... Who ever said you can't catch big fish on the fly?

EvilTyeDyeTwins 21.5 inch Brown Trout
[Image: IMG_8837_zps68c48053.jpg]

TroutBumDave's 23" pike from Yuba
[Image: April13162_zpsf02a7c62.jpg]

TyeDyeTwin's 21.75 inch cutthroat trout from Strawberry
[Image: IMGP6192_zpsbf18546d.jpg]

TroutBumDave's 18 inch smallmouth bass
[Image: Smallie_zps3dd2e2b9.jpg]

EvilTyeDyeTwin's 20 inch Tiger Trout
[Image: IMG_8972_zpsb0eebe89.jpg]

TroutBumDave's 30 inch Carp
[Image: IMG-20130629-00155_zpsc522cd59.jpg]

Kim-n-Kota 17.5 inch Mountain Whitefish
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=95891]

TroutBumDave's 14.5 inch Wiper
[Image: Wiper_zpsb2d85fa7.jpg]

TroutBumDave's 20 inch Channel Catfish
[Image: IMG-20130816-00244_zps97a1895b.jpg]

TroutBumDave's 8.5 inch Bluegill
[Image: IMG-20130816-00249_zpsb775f47a.jpg]

TroutBumDave's 18" Rainbow
[Image: IMG-20131022-00342_zps4ca2d893.jpg]

And for those who chose to not post them Inline I will just have to mention them instead of posting them up, which would be WAY too much effort for me to do. By all means feel free to post them up yourself if you choose........
Hookingrin's 16 inch Artic Grayling

AlbinoTrout's 12.5 inch White Bass from Utah Lake.

FlyFsihingLover's 15 inch Large mouth bass

FlyFsihingLover's 16.5 inch Brook Trout

FlyFsihingLover's 14 inch Black Crappie

JazzPerch's 18 inch Mountain WhiteFish
[signature]
Great job guys, and kudos to the twins. Fun reading the progress.
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Great job guys, and kudos to the twins. Fun reading the progress.[/quote]

Don't forget Kotchnut and yourself FG. Both of you supplied a portion of the prizes for TroutBumDave to enjoy. Ha ha ha he will have to enjoy them in St. Gorge!

All in all it was a great contest. I managed to get what I wanted out of this contest, which was to target and catch bigger fish on the fly. Learned a lot during this contest both as a fly fisherman and a moderator of the contest.
[signature]
This pleases me greatly. Just like TDT, I had a blast going to new waters and hunting new species. The pike and smallies were the highlights of the contest, and I'm positive I never would have gone after them if not for this little shindig. Many thanks to everyone who put it together and participated.

Of course, kicking FFL's ass is a nice side pot, but seriously, it would have been a lot more fun if he could fish even half as well as he trash talks. Oh we'll, maybe next year stud muffin.
[signature]
Congrats Dave. Wish I could have gotten out a little more this year than I did. Maybe next year![bobhappy]
[signature]
You know what for only fly fishing for 4 years and comparing how many years you fly fished for I did a pretty bad ass job with being broke and jobless for 2 months. [Tongue]

If I had the money to go to Yuba and fly fished with FG at more carp spots you would be the flopping minnow in the water getting skunked by a fly fishing "NOOB"!

Ohhhhh what now!!!
[signature]
You forgot about my 14" crappie too tie in with the pictures. [Wink]

[inline "bft ffl 14 inch crappie.JPG"]
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]You know what for only fly fishing for 4 years and comparing how many years you fly fished for I did a pretty bad ass job with being broke and jobless for 2 months. [Tongue]

If I had the money to go to Yuba and fly fished with FG at more carp spots you would be the flopping minnow in the water getting skunked by a fly fishing "NOOB"!

Ohhhhh what now!!! [/quote]
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. Be a man and congratulate him.

Oh, to be young and stupid again!
[signature]
Ya I didn't do any damage to my arm but maybe a little sore from Saturdays concert. [angelic]

Nah I'm fine he still deserves some trash talking after what he create when I join this place. [Tongue]
[signature]
[quote mojorizing]
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. Be a man and congratulate him.

Oh, to be young and stupid again![/quote]

I have the luxury of being old and stupid, so take that.

As for the contest, I happen to know that if you or your bride (or any number of other posters here) had bothered to compete, I wouldn't have sniffed the top 20. That being said, there is nothing more fun than beating a guy who can't even cheat his way to victory, so thanks again for the motivation FFL, you're a peach.
[signature]
Congrats lil' bro. I am proud of you and I know you will be able to put the prizes to full use. You got furled leaders to last awhile[Wink]
Way to go to all who participated. This is a good thing, but why all the hate?
Dave you would have had me in a heart beat as I stuck to limited species. No cats or Pike or Musky this year. Not even wipers! But, I am happy[Smile]
[signature]
I gave away my last three and I've been using the same beat-up sucker for too long. I've had to cut it and retie it several times... An upgrade is waaaaay overdue.

I seriously don't think I could be happier with myself right now. How pathetic is that? Hooray!
[signature]
[quote TroutBumDave][quote mojorizing]
As for the contest, I happen to know that if you or your bride (or any number of other posters here) had bothered to compete, I wouldn't have sniffed the top 20. [/quote]

That top 3 list would have been a whole lot different for sure![shocked]
[signature]
Haha, it's almost like it's not really an honor to win this thing, because the grown ups sat it out so the kiddo's could get a chance to play. It's like a participation ribbon... I'll take it though!
[signature]
I didn't know what to expect when I signed up. With my fishing availability cut back somewhat this year from years past, I am surprised u got as many as I did. It was fun though catching species on a fly rod that I haven't in the past.
[signature]
Holy crap, the prizes were amazing! Thanks to everyone who added to the pot, it is insane. FlyGoddess really outdid herself... I'll never be able to complain about not having the right leader again! I shudder to think about how long it took you to make that many.

Anyhow, thanks again to everyone, especially the Twins for their efforts and prizes!
[signature]
You earned it buddy! Great job and congrats!!!!!!!!
[signature]
While I did not participate, I did enjoy hearing the stories and seeing the photos. I vote to do it again next year. Remind me and I'll come with a prize worth dollars to contribute to the contest.
[signature]
quite the variety pack indeed. well played.

But next time you and FFL need to butt heads, see how a sheep teaches a bull to butt!

http://twentytwowords.com/2013/09/24/she...-all-time/
[signature]
Butting heads? Girl, please. He has been tested and was found to be severely lacking.
[signature]