Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
elk hunt
My deer hunt was a total bust this year. Mostly due to school and work just getting too busy. My father is coming up this weekend and we are going out after a cow elk for some meat for the freezer. This is my first time going after elk. Anybody got any tips for me? What type of terrain, time of day, etc... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
What unit will you be hunting . Good luck.
[signature]
66 and 69
[signature]
Find Comasry Ridge. Off Skyline Ridge . In 69 . The more snow you get the better the hunt will be . If the snow pushes the elk down they will head for Tex Creek WMA.
[signature]
i am having a hard time finding either of those ridges on a map. the maps i have dont have much other than creek names and few peak names and such... know any maps i can find those one?
[signature]
Fall Creek road will take you to one end of Skyline Ridge . Brokmen road will take you to the other end of the ridge . Comasery is closer To the Brokmen end . All of this is east of Idaho Falls and about half way to PalaSades lake .
[signature]
thanks for the help. i finally found it. now we just have to see if we can get back in there.
[signature]
curt69 thanks for the tips. Looked like some awesome country. We were not able to locate any elk. Pretty sure they are all still way up in the timber. Isnt the first time i've made a "donation" to the fish and game and I'm sure it wont be the last. Now I can turn my efforts back to fishing and rod building.
[signature]