Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody fished the ogden river lately?
I have been hearing that the Ogden has been fishing pretty well lately but i checked online and it said the flows were around 14cfs... Is that average for the Ogden this time of year? Is it worth making the drive down that way? Any info is much appreciated...
[signature]
Nobody?
[signature]
I haven't been over to the Ogden lately, but when it gets that low I fish down lower. Either in the lower canyon, because the grade is steeper so even if the river is low there is enough current to fish (to hide you and the fish from each other). Or I fish the parkway from harrison blvd. to the canyon because water that is taken out in the canyon dumps back in at the mouth of the canyon, so the flows are always higher. Still though you must be very delicate with your presentation. Small tipit, as small of an indy as possible, and little or no weight so you don't splash when you cast.
[signature]
Also their are so many fish in the Ogden it is always worth hitting. You just have to adjust to the conditions.
[signature]
Awesome! Thank you sir... I have never fished it so I didn't know what to expect. Thank you for the info!
[signature]