Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mead 11-3-13
Real tough fishing on sunday. Bass fishing was real slow but we did get into a few schools of 2-3lb striper. Even got a few smallies trolling with divers than run 15-18ft.
I was throwing cranks all morning for bass and didn't catch but 2 fish.
water was 2 degrees lower than the week before, maybe that had something to do with it...
[signature]
Same on Saturday. Water temp 2 less than last week and air temp was close to 10 degrees colder at launch. Only one on topwater and worked our tails off all day to catch +/- 20 fish. 3 SMB, 4 Striper dinks and the rest LMB. The season is about done on the SMB/LMB. One on a dropshot, 3 on a texas rigged worm, a couple on swimming jigs and the rest squarebills.
[signature]
Season almost done?
Good, now we can get you on the Stripers.
You want Stripers from up north or down south?
[signature]
I mainly fish the river for my striper fix but its been gettin more and more crowded.
How's the shad goin in the wash? Whereabouts have you been catchin them? I do really like still fishing with live bait but I'm pretty much over the whole anchovie thing.
I've fished mead for striper for 20+ years but been mainly river fishin for the past 4.I just started bass fishin this year and I'm really into it also.
Any info, advice on shad location would be much appreciated. Thats what will get meback to the south end of the lake...
[signature]
With the water levels changing every weekend the locations change. This last weekend they were in 10ft to 1ft deep. The sand bars make a point in the middle of the wash and you can push the bait up to it. There is a very small cove on the right of the wash you can work them into that as well.

On the right side in 10ft is a good location but you may need to add weights and a longer leash to your net.

The morning bite is good on lures but the late bite has been on live bait. Deep water about 170ft fish at about 100 on the eastern end of Sand Island. Then afternoon is 50ft, fish are off 33 hole in the middle and right off the bottom.

With all that exact info leave me a spot too.
[signature]
You got it brother... thanks and I hope to see you out there. If you see on OLD aluminum boat with a curved windshield come say hello and if I already got shad I will split em with you...
[signature]
I will be flying the new flag

[inline "Jolly Roger Fish.jpg"]
[signature]
[inline 1110131129.jpg]

The fish are still in the same location as last week, same with the bait.

Saw a huge school of shad on the left side but too hard to get.

Find some fish and drop the baits. The school will keep coming back about every 30-40 minutes. We got 17 and a 1.5lbs Tilapia.
[signature]
Hey, I saw you and your flag trolling around vegas wash on Saturday. Is that where you caught your mess of fish?? Because I caught a ton from shore but nothing worth keeping.
[signature]
Nice!!! Will be hittin it this week sometime
[signature]
I will be fishing a Striper Club Tournament this weekend. If any one would like to see the the weigh-in on Sunday, come on by.

The old Las Vegas bay marina, picnic area on the right hand side. We start weighing fish at noon on SUNDAY.
[signature]