Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Norcross fish finder
[cool][size 1]This Norcross unit retails for $80.00. Has any one seen one of these units in operation?[/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=1829;]
[signature]
[cool][size 2]Haven't seen one or tried one, but have read reviews on similar models. The opinion is that it is of modest benefit to shorebound anglers, who toss out the floating transducer to get a read on depth, contour and fish content of near-shore waters. However, the tendency of the cord to sink and pull the unit back to shore reduces their appeal.[/size]

[size 2]In short, those who have bought them wish they had spent more and gotten something else...especially for float tubing.[/size]
[signature]
i have one that was giving to me haven't had a chance to really use it yet just a couple of toss's like tubedude said when you toss it out the sinking cord pulls it back to you i'm going to give it a try out 12/12 when i go ice fishing i'll post back my impressions that day or the next
[signature]
used my norcross today ice fishing can't say i was impressed it showed fish top to bottom were my fishin buddy fish finder and a vexilar flasher showed none in short don't feel i can trust it to give a accurate picture of what below as it cost me nothing i'm passing it on to a buddy for free
[signature]
ok i guess ill have to figure out how it really works[crazy]
[signature]
[cool][size 2]Gee, you would hope that a nifty gift like that would have some redeeming features. But, with sonar, if you do not get accurate readings you are back to "fishing blind".[/size]

[size 2]Thanks for the update, and sorry it didn't work for you. There's gotta be some rookie out there who would love to own something like that...and who wouldn't know the difference. Maybe you can put it up as a prize in a contest or something.[/size]
[signature]
i'm giving it to petty4life he's took me out fishing a couple of times on his boat the minnow LMAO kind of a repaying the favor thing
[signature]