Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Ice
I just saw the fishing report from the DWR and it said their is ice already forming on the south side of the reservoir. Anyone confirm this or did it melt? I'm really hoping to get on the Ice by Dec 15 and Mantua is my target. It had 5" on that date two years ago and had a great day.
[signature]
It was a high of 57 in Mantua today, so it seems rather unlikely to me. Maybe there was a little skim ice on one of those cold mornings last week, but I wouldn't expect it to ice over anytime soon.
[signature]
It was probably on the 10 yards of 1 inch deep water surrounding the place. I might be heading up that direction tomorrow, I'll swing by look, and try to catch a tiger trout while I;m at it.
[signature]
Did you make it up there?..see any ice?
[signature]
I was there yesterday. I caught one trout from the west dike. The family next to me was doing a little better with powerbait, but still pretty slow overall.

I rode around to the south inlet. I didn't see any ice. It was chilly in the shade of the trees so I didn't try to fish.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! I figured it was wishful thinking...at least no skunk. My luck it'll be January 1.
[signature]
There won't be any fishable ice there until mid December at the earliest.
[signature]