Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Strawberry Day
Launched the pontoons from Renegade this morning just after 9:30 am and fished until 2:30 pm. A little wind kicked up around noon but not too bad, nothing like last Friday. We didn't get any fish until we were out in 30+ feet of water and stripping seemed to work better than just trolling. A white bunny and Crystal Meth were producers for us today. Sadly I left my camera in the truck but most fish were in the 18" range.
[signature]
Good to hear you got a little revenge today. Always good to give them a sore lip!
[signature]
What does a "crystal meth" look like? I don't dare do a google search on that subject.
[signature]
Me too. My brother in-law came up with a fly he called that about 10 years ago that was a red chenille body and white bucktail for over wing and tail (like the showgirl).
[signature]
Some flies are Fly Shop specific as you all know. These flies are from Mickey Finns Shop in Kayesville. The Krystal Meth is pictured along with the White Bunny I used. I also tried the Pasty Gangster and White Zonker but did not get any hits. I hope this helps.
Johnny
[signature]
So, your crystal meth is just a white bugger tied with Estaz. I have those, just called them white crystal buggers[laugh] Didn't work for me.
[signature]
I thought the Crystal Meth was a Salmon Roe Fly tied with crystal rope bunched up to look like a egg sack.

Any how I tie a similar fly called a fugly but use purple uv chenille
Im sure white work well also.
[signature]
We all need more flies and the time to use them.
[signature]
http://youtu.be/Luc5PpTj5Tw
[signature]