Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skies on ice sled??
Has any ever mounted 2 or 4 pairs of old skies on there ice sleds before if so any advantages and diSadvantages of them?? Let me know because I'm debating to put on some of my dad old skies on my sled this season if it's a good idea.
[signature]
I used two old wood water ski's on one of my wooden sleds, screwed 2x6's on edge for some height that were then screwed to the wooden floor.
Had snow ski's on a lighter aluminum sled that stayed up fine if loaded lightly.
Actually liked the wider water ski's better if there was snow that you were pulling in. And the narrow snow ski's if you were on ice with a small amount of snow.
[signature]
I use a set of down hill skis, about 6.5 feet long. They work well in hard packed snow, and in deep snow they make it easier but not as easy as I would like. Deep snow is a bear to walk in and pulling anything just makes it worse.
[signature]
A few people have tried skies on their sleds with little to no good results. I suggest putting your money and time into snow shoes for yourself instead.
[signature]
I mounted 2 sets of downhills skis last year to my big ice sled and absolutely love them, I used countersunk screws and a backing plate for strength. I almost always have it hooked to my snomachine, I can definetly tell the difference.
I also mounted mine to a 2x6 for clearance. Works great and pulls very easy. A good friend also did the same thing. His works very well also. He put a 3x3 box on top of his and loads it down. Ski's work well.
[signature]
Put them on you won't regret it .
[signature]