Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's online notice
It's really funny how many guests are on here comparing how many member are on here in the past few hrs. If any one ever checked it out. I remember days there would be like 10-20 members then like 400 guests in the past 3 hrs. We need more people to post adventures on here especially how slow it's been lately or too see more fishy pictures.
[signature]
No comment.
[signature]
This board and the other fishing board have been like that for quite some time. That's why you'll hear the term "Lurker" and why many get upset about hot spotting.

Some just browse the site and find who caught what, were, and what they used for bait or fly and never post.
[signature]
Years ago I suggested that we block the site or certain boards from lurkers, so only members could read the reports. That did not go over so good but that is always something that could happen if a majority of the members were in favor of it.
The other thing you need to remember is that not all the guests are lurkers, some are just members that have not signed in because they are at work or just don't sign in unless they have somethng to post.
One more thing is that this slow down in the number of post is normal for this time of the year. It happens every year between solf water and hard water seasons, once in the Fall, then again in the Spring. Not as many people getting out until we get some good strong ice every where. Hope that helps answer your questions.
[signature]
I agree that only members should be able to browse around that actually are active in posting, not here too be snatching info like taking candy from a baby.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Chill. This is a worldwide fishing forum with a lot of free info in the various sections. Always new people visiting for the first time...or checking us out a bit before signing up. Not everybody is willing to provide their personal info to an unknown and untested website. Many of our most active and contributing members spent a little time getting to know us before actually signing on.

BFT has always had the image of a friendly place where folks could come for help and information. If we start getting too exclusive and restrictive we run the risk of becoming the "ghost towns" that other forums become when they start excluding everybody except a favored few.

If you want an exclusive clubhouse go start your own. And see how many others wanna join.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Sorry but I failed web page design class so I can't make it [Tongue]. As well I'm too young to spend money on a website [Sad].
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]Chill. This is a worldwide fishing forum with a lot of free info in the various sections. Always new people visiting for the first time...or checking us out a bit before signing up. Not everybody is willing to provide their personal info to an unknown and untested website. Many of our most active and contributing members spent a little time getting to know us before actually signing on.

BFT has always had the image of a friendly place where folks could come for help and information. If we start getting too exclusive and restrictive we run the risk of becoming the "ghost towns" that other forums become when they start excluding everybody except a favored few.

If you want an exclusive clubhouse go start your own. And see how many others wanna join.
[/#0000ff][/quote]

I agree,I spent quite a while :lurking: before joining,found there are more nice people here than there are idiots.Im not the greatest fisherman but feel quite comfy here.
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Sorry but I failed web page design class so I can't make it [:p]. As well I'm too young to spend money on a website [frown].[/quote]

How old were the guys who started Facebook? Or so many other internet startups? Ever heard of "investors"?

You can only achieve that which you set out to accomplish. Armchair warriors will always win the battles they create for themselves.
True True but my web page design skills are dead in the garbage just like my teacher was [laugh]. It was the most pointless class I ever took in my HS career.
[signature]