Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else seeing this warning?
I have had the following pop up several times recently, while logged onto BFT:

"High Risk Website Blocked
Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/HTMLGen-A has been found on this website...

sophos web protection"
[signature]
I have had that as well. Anybody know why? I figure this website should be pretty safe.
[signature]
I'm thinking it's that busty girl falling out of her Snorg-Tee, like she needs a t-shirt, really!
Or maybe that Gaming Vixen enticing me to be her Hero Now!

Expect it's not the BFT site, but one of the multitude of links and adverts beckoning us in to their lair!

What virus/internet protection software are you running?
sophos
[signature]
It's gotta be that infected toenail that appears occasionally
[signature]
Ya you guys might want to use google chrome and then download "ad block" so those weird ads wont pop up [crazy]. All 100% free and safe too use.
[signature]
I have had a pop up cover my hole screen a couple of times yesterday. Maybe my virus protection is not blocking it. I had to close explorer to get rid of it. But so far no other bad things have happened.
[signature]
[#502800]I also got a block message and I am using Webroot secure anywhere ......... And I was just getting used to the girl in the petticoat on the sleep ads.[/#502800]
[signature]
The causes are:

Using Internet Exploder
Ads
Using Internet Exploder
Search bots, and
Using Internet Exploder

Solution is simple and free:
Firefox (or Chrome)
AdBlock Plus
and the free versions of Avast! anti-virus and Malwarebytes.

No problems, no op-ups, no ads, no virusses, no malware - and pages load in about a second.
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Ya you guys might want to use google chrome and then download "ad block" so those weird ads wont pop up [crazy]. All 100% free and safe too use.[/quote]

Dude, the reason this awesome site is free for all to enjoy is because of the ad revenue. I know that ads suck, but blocking them completely is lame. Suffer thru the ads and click on one every visit to make sure this resource stays free.
[signature]
Dave, good sir,

While it is perfectly right and reasonable for the website to support itself by selling ads, that practice does not require or even imply that we have to be inconvenienced by them. Especially if there are ads that block access to the site or contain malicious code.

As an analogy, just because you have a front door does not mean you have to allow anyone into your home.
[signature]
Adds are something we all understand and deal with- However Redirecting your browser to random pages that require me to close Firefox or reconnect back to Bigfish is malicious.
I am hoping clearing the Cache and deleting the Cookies resolves the issue for me. I have experienced this redirect only from this site when replying to a post or clicking forward to the next page of a active post. Been happening for several days. Mine redirects are mostly to

http://us.hsicell.com/router.php

Several notations of existed in my cookies which I have now deleted. Hope that does it!!
[signature]
There should be no ads on this site that are pop ups or redirecting anyone's browser, we are looking into this now, and if it is originating from this site and not the browser they will be banned advertisers.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
My browser has been known to close and restart with the message closed and restarted due to an error on the page.
[signature]
How dare you call me sir?!

This is exactly why I built my house with two back doors and nothing but a window up front.
[signature]
If anyone has this happen again please also feel free to PM me. As a precautionary measure we have blocked anyone from that url serving any ads on our website through our advertising partners but we are still looking into this to ensure that it was not related to a post attachment etc..
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
must be obamacare lol
[signature]
I don't 'think it has anything to do with obamadon'tcare or it simply wouldn't be working.
[signature]
We have way more members in way more states, clearly a privately owned website.
[signature]
I saw had a redirection to some other website, had to close the window. Next time i will get the url and forward for you if I can.
[signature]