Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos to Orvis
I bought a low end rod from Orvis 22 years ago that had the 25 year warranty on it. The reel seat end fell out this past year and some of the guides were starting to get just a little loose, so I sent it in recently. It came back looking like a brand new rod with new guides, a new reel seat and they even put on a new grip. I couldn't have asked for anything better!!!!
[signature]
It pays to by your equipment from a reputable company. Orvis sounds awesome.
[signature]
It probably cost them next to nothing to fix it but it is such a good business practice - talk about an effective way to establish brand loyalty. I had a similar experience with Orvis several years ago. Another company that treated me well was Leupold on a scope I broke.

I was up your way this week. I almost cried when I saw Little Camas drained. Fortunately the Big Wood was in prime condition, the fishing was good and the sunny 40 degree days were comfortable.
[signature]
Yeah, we need Little Camas back to how it was in the 90s. Right now I am just spending my time tying flies, watching videos of flyfishing and hoping for a great water year.
[signature]
[quote Untangler]It probably cost them next to nothing to fix it but it is such a good business practice - talk about an effective way to establish brand loyalty. I had a similar experience with Orvis several years ago. Another company that treated me well was Leupold on a scope I broke.

I was up your way this week. I almost cried when I saw Little Camas drained. Fortunately the Big Wood was in prime condition, the fishing was good and the sunny 40 degree days were comfortable.[/quote]

I wouldn't think that. These are top paid rod builders I am sure, not China (not saying the parts couldn't be from China[Wink])
But taking it all down and re doing it sounds a little time consuming. I say that is great customer service. I have one of the first T3's. Not the remake, this was the top of the line with a low number. The cork had holes which Sadly can happen with cork quality these days on even the upper end rods, and the tip broke. They did not send me the upgraded T3, but paid careful attention to restore mine. Being world wide and still predominantly USA made, I am very impressed with Orvis.
[signature]