Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ambassadeur Reel
Feedback Request... New trolling, jigging & casting reel - What One????

I am ordering a new reel and have narrowed it down to an AmbasSaduer.

The 5601 (Red) and the 5600C4 (blue) look real nice but would like to get a little feedback from other fisherman about their preferences.

Also if anyone has the NEW AmbasSaduer Line Counter - let me know how it works in a trolling situation.

A six (6) in the second digit of the model number indicates a thumb release button - I like this feature.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I hope you realize that the "0" or "1" on the fourth number means right or wrong handed! 5600 are right handed reels and 5601 are, as I kindly refer to IFG's reels, suitable for "wrong handed" folks.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]For all my trolling, I’m starting to enjoy the line counters more and more. It seems if you’ve got the line counting function you’ll use it but for a jigging or casting reel, I think, as you very well know, they just won’t cut the mustard. I do have a friend who has a nice AmbasSadeur C4 5600 on his secondary jigging rod but uses a Cabela’s line-counter as his primary jig stick. He says he likes it even if with sonar right in front of him. He says he knows where he’s at when the boat swings and can’t see his jig on the sonar screen. Me thinks he’s been smokin’ crack but what ever rings your chimes…[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]For jigging reels, I think the AmbasSadeurs are just what the doctored ordered and believe me; I’ve got a bunch. I too, like the thumb bar of the 4600 and 5600. I know guys that would rather not have the thumb bar because they hit it fighting fish. You can’t beat the one handed control you have with a thumb bar and your reaction time is faster than the side button releases. Like I said, I’ve got both and I most definitely prefer the thumb bar models. The C4’s have another bearing than the C3’s but I have both, and in vertical jigging applications, there is very little difference in them.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You will need to think about gear ratios. You can get about anything you want but the specific types of fishing you intend to do will dictate whether you’ll need a high speed or grinder low speed. I’ve got both and to tell you this, for smaller fish the 5:1 or 6:1 will work great but for ultimate control it’s hard to beat a 3.8:1 C4 Winch. You may have to wind like a big dog if a big mack decides to make a run at you but that is the exception and not the rule. Again, You need to decide your flavor.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]For casting, I think the lower end AmbasSadeurs aren’t that great though you can get by if you don’t need finesse or precision casting. I have used them on wipers and they worked just fine. For chucking out a sinker and bait they work great for cats. I’m a poor man and can’t afford the upper end AmbasSadeurs so someone else will have to let you know. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font][size 3][font "Comic Sans MS"]I’m sure you’ll get the “AmbasSadeurs are garbage” line. For anyone who does not like the AmbasSadeurs and has any, just send them my way and I’ll give them a home where they’ll be treated with the respect they deserve.[/font]
[/size]
[signature]
Hey Lundman; as an answere to your quest on reels, I personaly have and use the 5600c4 (Blue) AmbaSador reel. It has a thumb switch on the side so as you can hear the line RIP & Zip off as that Big Mack strips your spool, or you can flip in down so as to [#ff0080]NOT[/#ff0080][#000000] hear the ZIP your Choice. Also as YOU can atest to it (5600) works Superb. That was the Reel I was using to Catch that Monster Mack at the Salsa Party. As that big Bad Boy was stripping my line, all I had to do was slightly tighten the STAR drag while wearing down that Monster. Then of course you get your choice of left or right hand retrive. A deffinet Pluss!! Also meny other feathers that go on & on about. Bottom Line Its a SWEET Reel. Heck Lundman, if you want to try mine out before you buy, your Welcome to! Just give me a PM. and its yours!! Hpoe this helps, its just my 2 cents worth.[/#000000]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hi Terry![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I wouldn't recommend using your bait clicker just for listening to the line peeling off your reel. It'll wear out too fast and you'll have to replace it. As you probably know, it's used as an "alarm" for those times you don't have your reel in hand and don't want it pulled it the lake. It also works great when paying out line on riggers so you have control over free spooling.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Yes BLM your Correct on both accounts, just wanting Lundman to know that the 5600C4 offers these options. Really not a bad reel for the $ Money spent. The 5600C4 offers good dependability some wanted wistles & bells, and pretty well built. Bottom line "Good Reel" "Good Price"[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Looks like you got your mind made up and all. Nothing I say would change your mind so go for it.

While I have never had one of those Ambassasdeur reels, I have always liked the Shimano Stradic models. If you have your Stradic reel set/tighten in a certain way, you will always catch your fish. Gotta love the way it screams when the fish's on.[Wink]
[signature]