Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Access Closure
I just got back from a quick trip to Deer Creek with my 12 year old. We decided to park just north of the Island state park. After wrangling in a few bows, my son indicated that he was done. Not fast enough catching for him. We got back to the truck and I had a flyer on my windshield. Apparently that pullout is closed now and you either have to park in the state park or go about a tenth of a mile north to the bigger pullout. Most of y'all may have known this already. I had no idea. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up.there was a DWR officer parked about 4 or 5 vehicles down from me. The whole pullout was full of folks who had flyers on their vehicles as well. At least he was just handing out information and not tickets.
[signature]
This will be the fourth or fifth time that they have shut that spot down. People keep tromping down the fence and ignoring the signs ever since they improved the island resort.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
The reasons cited on the flyer included vandalism, improper disposal of human waste, and a drop in water quality. What does it take for that area to be reopened?
[signature]
People to stop pooping there, apparently.
[signature]
I am betting that the human waste is diapers being left laying on the shore. I would also doubt that they have ever or will ever plan to open it back up. In time the fence mashed down again and they will go through all of this again.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Ok I understand now. I had no idea it was closed before. Oh well. Plenty of places to park and launch. Thanks for the history on that place.
[signature]