Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last hoorah. Part 2 Yuba
Teamed up with the "Old mens veterans fishing club" and headed to Yuba this morning. Water temp was 39 degrees at Oasis. Decide to try new tactics and trolled north along the shoreline along north beach and then turned to the narrows. Never have caught anything along there, but thought we'd try it anyway. History repeats itself!

The day was magnificent with clear skies and no wind. fished the bay and the narrows with the electric trolling motor. Worked the area hard with no bites.
Trolled our way back to the rock structure east of the ramp of Oasis, Still nothing.

We changed up lures, speeds and everything we knew to get bitten without success. Finally at the submerged rocks with warming water temperatures we found the bite. Using rattle traps in bass and perch colors we caught three northerns in short order. The fish were small; 28 inches. I'm guessing the weight at about four pounds. This was the first time in a while we didn't catch northerns at least 3 foot long. but we were delighted the fish Gods provided what they did. Fish Tacos!!! Water had warmed to 45 degrees in the shallows.

With the coming of the dawn tomorrow we will decide to go back to Yuba or fish for walleye at Utah lake. Whichever we choose, it is with the realization that in a very few days it will be over. That Saddens me. I wish I could get into ice fishing, but unfortunately it has no appeal to me.
If we catch fish on Utah Lake I will post the results. Steve
[signature]
Very Nice. I am hoping I will be able to share some water with you next year as this year will be turning to rivers shortly for me.
Keep up the excellent work and reports.
[signature]
Nice going Steve, looks like another successful outing at Yuba, wish I had Willard figured out as well for the late Fall bite.[frown]
[signature]