Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing the Ogden River
Has anyone fished the Ogden river recently? I want to go this weekend, any info would be appriciated.
[signature]
hi daniel try this link to a fly fishing site should find some info even a couple guys from here

[url "http://www.fishwest.net/utah/"]http://www.fishwest.net/utah/[/url]
[signature]
water is low. you can find small browns in any of the holes that have any depth to them. that is one of the few rivers that could use a good limit or two from anglers. if you need more info just pm me.
[signature]
What would you say X-man, upper, middle or lower Ogden river o fish?
[signature]
I had very good success fishing the upper section using a panther martin spinner. Its been about a week since I fished it.
[signature]
Thank you Bearclaw. Mostly Browns in the river?
[signature]
Browns were all I caught. I was amazed how active they were considering the cold temps. Make sure you carry a hand warmer or you may lose a finger or two.. Just kiddin'.. But is was very cold and you'll definately need waders to access the "pumphouse' area.. PM me if you want specifics.
[signature]
upper meaning south fork? middle i guess in ogden canyon and lower below the canyon in town? if this is where your talking then the middle generally has the most fish. the lower can be spotty and the south fork has been slow for me this year even though its full of fish. it runs real fast all year and can be difficult in the winter. the middle section has large deep holes but the only problem is parking which im sure your aware of. so i would say middle section since access is limited and if you can get away from the holes right by parking areas you should do very well. again pm me if you need more info.
[signature]
Dan

size 14 BH prince or hares ear with a red serendipity trailer will work very well on your fly rod. trent has been doing good with a DA caddis (I won't tell what the DA stands for)

JAMES
[signature]
i do fly fish but im not much help there since i dont do it very often. im sure youll do just find by the pumphouse.
[signature]