Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Annual northern trip
Ice has or will soon be covering the OPEN water and this is Sad time for some. Realization that I will be back to fishing rivers for the next 4 to 5 months opens new challenges, but I am a stillwater enthusiast.
So, last year we had our first get together at Mack's Inn camp ground with Up2nogood, Orvy, Pokymon, kanderson& misses and Old Troller.
We had the Snake River, Henry's, Montana and great company all right there.
I am soooo looking forward to a repeat for 2014!
Start planning now for mid June!
[Image: 20130622_055949_zpsa10198f2.jpg]
[signature]
We had such a good time we had to go back in Sept. Count us in for 2014. Wouldn't want to miss those awesome cuts in Henry's Lake, floating the Henry's River, and eating dinner at the Island Park Lodge. Good times.

[inline "Henry's Cut.jpg"]

[inline "Island Park Lodge.jpg"]
[signature]
Mid-June in Heaven! The Ranch. Drakes. Magic. I'll be there around sunset on the 20th.[cool] Calendar marked, etched in stone. No place I'd rather be on the longest day of the year (21st).

From June 21, 2013 (My roughly 25th annual, give or take):
[Image: 2012-08-21_14-05-32_885.jpg]
[inline IMGP0570.JPG]
[inline IMGP0571.JPG]
[Image: 20130622_162044.jpg]
[Image: 20130622_163559.jpg]
[signature]
AWESOME JIM! We will have a blast! I am still partial to the Mack's Inn Campgrounds though. Full hook up, decent prices and river withing walking distance while hubby and Baxter nap.[Smile]
[signature]
I usually camp below Osborne when by myself. Free. River is right there. Last Chance just up the road. Closest to where I fish. Can float to camp or wade from camp.

I've camped at Riverside, Buffalo and Box Canyon too, but never at Macks. Didn't even know they had camping there. Do you reserve spaces there well in advance? I've tried to stay on the river at Upper Coffee Pot, but its always full. Never tried Big Springs.

Is Macks' campground down river from the highway bridge, or above it?
[signature]
Coffee Pot would be awesome, but as you say, hard to get.
I do like comfort these days, so that is why we choose full hook-up, but we do have two nice quiet generators.
Easy to miss the Macks Inn Camp grounds. They are south of the Mack's Inn Restaurant/cabins and river. Set off the hiway behind a ridge of trees, so wind is not a problem. Yes we reserve, but I haven'r seen it packed. We like #20[Smile]
Plus there is a laundry room within walking distance if multi day trippin'.
Of course "some" stay in a cabin....LOL[Wink]
[signature]
You can reserve Upper Coffee Pot up to 6 months in advance at Recreation.gov. I've tried 3 and 4 mos. in advance, and it was already full for popular times. But if one were to log on and reserve, say, on Dec. 20 at 12:01 am, maybe? Probably. I just never know when I'll be ready to move on, so seldom like to commit to reserving a certain number of nights. I'll be gone from the 20th-July 5 next year.

Do they have public showers with the laundry facility, or elsewhere on premises at Macks? I've got the 'ole Sun Showers with a shelter, but not pouring hot water. I use the old KOA showers in Last Chance sometimes. I have 12 volt and solar for lights, phone/laptop power, water pump, etc.

I usually only stop at Macks for the ice cream at the Landing some afternoons between hatches or during a blow.
[signature]
Yes they do...in the restroom right in the camp site. Laundry is just outside the camp ground
Here is a map to help
http://www.macksinn.com/area-map.asp

They are a little rustic, but I like that.
[signature]
Cool. I've driven right past that corner a million times on both roads, and never knew it was there! Will definitely check it out just for the showers and proximity to ice cream.[laugh]
[signature]
I'm thinking yes! My wife loved it up there. Mid to early June is what I'm shooting for, I have a 3 day gap in my work schedule planned.
[signature]
I like TarponJim's idea of celebrating the Summer Solstice at Island Park. June 21st is on a Sat. this year so that should make it easy.

The Winter Solstice is in 11 days, so it will be all downhill from there.
[signature]
I was thinking around the 21st as well. Not too close to the 4th of July and the crowds.
[signature]
I'm down for the Solstice weekend, I think I'm going to go from the 19th to the 23rd. I haven't been to Coffee Pot but it looks nice, full hook ups isn't a big deal to me, it would be nice to camp as a group again, so let me know.

Edit: My wife wants to stay at Macks so her and my daughter can walk to ice cream while I'm fishing.
[signature]
Bump
[signature]
ETA Osborne Bridge--160 days, 1hr. 3 min. for me![laugh] Give or take a few minutes.
[signature]
Beautiful looking area. I am jealous....[sly]
[signature]
You guys know that I've got a crap load of land at the confluence of Warm River and Henrey's Fork -- running water, showers, crapper, fridge, etc. It's not right where you want to be, but it's close and it's free as free can be. Good fishing around there too if you're so inclined.

Anyhow, the offer is there if anyone ever wants to take me up on it. I can tell you where we hide the spare keys and all that junk. What's mine is yours.
[signature]
Why don't you just plan on going with us TBD?
[signature]
Incredible offer. I know you weren't speaking to me but that's still awesome. Wish I fished rivers.
[signature]
We'll be fishing Henry's Lake too. We caught some decent size Brookies last year.
[signature]