Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You guys eat these?
What do they do with these around here?

[Image: IMAG0450.jpg]
[signature]
I believe that is a squawfish, also called a northern pike minnow.

They are delicious when grilled over top a goodyear tire! [angelic]
[signature]
They are kinda ugly but pretty aggressive. Fun on the fly rod. Seem to have taken over the river in places.
[signature]
Make good cut bait.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up.
[signature]
I have tried them for sturgeon and I think the sturgeon took a leak on them. I have never caught anything with them as cut bait. Ron
[signature]
I've tried them for sturgeon with no luck, on several occasions. Sometimes we catch them 24 inches long while sturgeon fishing. I rip their gills out and drop em back in. My buddy cooked one, he said it was bland and bony. They eat about anything, my favorite is top water. Should be ice at salmon and Walcott this weekend
[signature]
I take them home and plant them in my garden. They don't grow very well, but the rose bushes and veggies sure seem to like them.
[signature]
I was hoping to go out tomorrow but I'm not sure with this wind. Hopefully it dies down. I can't wait to hit the ice but don't know where to go. South side salmon Red?
[signature]
I had the same thought for our veggie garden
[signature]
Magic res usually ices up first, they may be on the hard deck. Trout and perch, I like Swedish pimples with a piece of worm or perch meat. Hammered copper color.
[signature]
Awesome, any word if it's safe ice yet? This whole being new thing kinda slows a guy down. Used to be able to call the bait shop and get accurate reports.
[signature]