Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview ice?
just curious if anybody has cruise by Pineview to see if it has capped yet or if anybody is fishing it and its okay to private message me too [Wink] Thanks for any info
[signature]
Zero as of Thursday evening. Causey did have a little ice forming in the middle fork and the boy scout arms.
[signature]
Pine View is about 50 percent capped. Cemetery point has 1 1/2"-2" of clear ice at the two holes I drilled right next to shore on the south side. North side of the piont was still open. Not there yet buddy but getting close. Also made it up to Causey reservoir. The two arms looked like they were capped over but next to the damn was still open water.
[signature]
Thanks the report! Crazy how fast ice can form.
[signature]
This morning 2" at boat launch and the narrows are capped but one little spot.
We need the snow but lets hope it doesn't dampen Mama Natures ice maker... [:/]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Rwelitegt, did you try any fishing while you were there?
[signature]
No, couldn't sleep so I figured I might as well go check[Smile]
Working nights this week and I plan to drive up and scope out the narrows after work early Wednesday morning. I will pass on what I see. I haven't been up that way since August and the water was low then. I imagine it's really low now?
[signature]
Newest pineview report.... went out yesterday and found that their is a little bit of safe ice. Now we also fouhd out their are three different types of ice on their also. The ice with snow on it is about three inches of snow a crust layer 1" to 2" of water then 2" of solid then theirs the wet spots where you break right throug into water then the 2" of solid then theirs the safe ice very limited its the ice with snow crystals on it its the only ice that's solid all the way through but didn't see much of that but did punch some holes in the ice and that's how we found it. The snow really stoped the ice from forming it must be a good insulator to have almost 2" of water on top of 2" of ice be safe if you try it we didn't mark any fish on the dozen holes we drilled but was limited to walk in a striaght line out mayb 50 yards then hit the snowie stuff.
[signature]
Thanks for the update.
Please be extra cautious on the new ice.
[signature]
I went out with 801 on pineview tuesday evening. I highly recommend you give pineview a few more days! There are a few spots that are solid but the ice is not very consistent at all. Be very cautious if you do try to go out. There's only 2 1/2" of good clear ice!
[signature]
Was on the edges yesterday. Its not quite ready. Another month Smile
[signature]