Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hyrum/ newton fishing????
[Smile]hey i was wondering if anyone has been to hyrum or newton lately to see if the lakes have frozen over yet. If so PLEASE let me know i really like to ice fish there
thanks trfishin
[signature]
Went past Hyrum and Porcupine yesterday and they were both wide open, no ice anywhere. It's been relatively warm so I doubt Newton has a safe cap. I drove past Foster in Idaho which is similar in elevation and size and it was partly covered with very thin ice. Hope that helps. You'll have to go higher and further south for now if you want ice.
[signature]
[red][size 3]I was tempted to get my boat back out and splash in Hyrum this week, the weather has been agreeable, but have had to work, still might do it. The water is certainly still wet and the back shore line has been slowly dissappearing back up to the corner of that rocky point by the inlet. There have been a few folks shooting ducks back in there from a boat. I thought that was a no-no at a state park.[/size][/red]

[red][size 3]I would try somewhere else besides Newton this winter. It killed off from low/no water pretty bad (again). [/size][/red]

[red][size 3]I was down to Mantua last week and on the north end there was a boat out on the open water and on the south end by the boat launch there were folks ice fishing on about 2-3 inches out about 20 feet from the shore. Didn't see if anyone was doing any good. [/size][/red]
[signature]
Hyrum has no signs of any ice. I drive by it every day. I was going to go check on Porcupine but looks like some one already has.
[Smile]thanks for all the great info. i guess that i will have to wait a little longer to go ice fishing
thanks again trfishin
[signature]