Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
directions to huntington res
I would like to try for some tigers this weekend.I have never been to huntington so I need directions.Any info and what part of the lake to fish would be great!
[signature]
Take the I-15 exit that goes to Price, up Highway 6. Once you get to the top of the canyon you will go down about a mile and you'll see an exit on the right that will take you through what use to be Thistle and on to Fairview, Epharim, Manti, etc. Once you come into Fairview there are 2 gas-stations. The road that goes East inbetween the two gas stations is the one that will take you up the mountain. Once you are close to the top of the mountain you will see a sign pointing East (left) that says Electric Lake & Scofield. Keep going straight, don't turn down that road. You will ride along the top of the mountian for a few more miles and the the first lake you come to on the right side is Huntington.
We caught fish all around the lake but the west side was the best, closer to the dam. Good luck. WH2
[signature]
about how far past the schofield turn off is huntinton res. ?
[signature]
if your comming from S.L.C then take I 15 so tell you get to the price manti exit take highway 6-89 tell you get to the 89 fairview manti turn off..take 89 so tell you get to fairview the first road that turns left as you come into fairview will be a sign that say fairview canyon and i think it say's huntington scofiled as well.. there is two gas stations right there as you turn up the canyon..note if you need anything before you head up the canyon you better stop there, there is nothing after that..take the canyon road highway 31 to the top of the canyon stay on the main road keep going for about 7 to 8 miles huntington will be the first lake you come to on the right hand side of the road..there is 3 places to park if i were you i'd park down by the dam.. if the dont mind a walk i would try the far west side but i have been doing good right in the dam area in 15' of water..we have been doing good on glow tube jigs tiped with minnows or worm..but mill worm are good to.. hope that helps

if you want to catch fish i would go to scofild tho huntington is very hit and miss dude scofiled is mostley hit..

from the fuzzyfisher----------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Chris, don't get Confused with where Huntington is located. You can get to Huntington by driving right past Scofield Reservoir, on through the town of Scofield and then head over the mountain to the west. The road is kept open year around to allow the miners to have good access. If you are coming from Utah County this is the long way to get there -- far easier to take the Thistle turnoff, part way up Spanish Fork Canyon (as described in the posts above) and go up Fairview Canyon.
[signature]
I guess I could have made that a little clearer by saying Turn on highway 89 but there are several ways to get there. If you just keep your eyes open as you drive up the canyon you will see a sign on the right that goes to Fairfield, like Kent said you can always go through Scofield. WH2
[signature]

[size 3]Here's a map [/size]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"]Plan on going down Saturday morning May have room for one or two people to ride down.[Wink][/font]
[signature]
Thanks everyone for the help! I think i can find it now! Just hope the fish are bitting on saturday!
[signature]
Ok, let's have a contest -- whom can name the unnamed waters on your map? I think that I can name all of them, except the northernmost one.
[signature]
[cool] Sounds like a lot of you guys are familiar with the area, so let me just add this: My wife's family owns about 360 air acres as you are almost to the top of Fairview Canyon there is some private property to your left with a little turn off there and a big steel gate about 50 yards in from the road. It's just before you see that old ski lift on your right heading toward the top of the canyon. Anyway, we camp there in the summer and fish around that area, but since the wife and I have only been married for 2 years and last summer I was a car salesman (so I had 0 time to get away on weekends) I've only gone up there twice. I definitely want to go up there a ton this summer and get to know E-Lake, Hunnington, and Joes Valley Reservoir a little more. The only place I've fished up there are the creek in Fairview canyon (AWESOME Fishing for little browns and cut's) and Cleveland Reservior, and fairview res. I love it up there in those mountains. It's like heaven. Lots of places to go, and not too big of crowds, like when you wanna go up into the Cottonwood Canyons in the summer time-boy is that a joke![pirate]
[signature]