Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun as of late...
Not sure what is going on with BFT, but I have tried posting this multiple times the past couple weeks. It freezes up, and I lose it all.

So, this is the very condensed version this time.

First pic is from 2 of us quail hunting, with a ECD I shot passing over. Next is another quail hunt 2 days later (Sunday),and a goldeneye drake I jumped off the river. The third and fourth are close ups of the goldeneye, which my friend swears is a Barrow's (any input?), where as I thought it was just a good looking common. Fifth and sixth pics are my first bull can, I shot hunting some open water surrounded by ice, now that everything is getting locked up by ice. The seventh is a few ducks I got on a quick evening hunt in the storm that brought all this cold weather/snow. And the last one is a triple curl drake mallard I shot just in front of that storm (the day before).
[signature]
Great pictures. To me It is a common goldeneye the patch on the head is round were as a Barrow's tends to go up more in front of the eye making more of a c shape. looking at the body it has more striped white lines rather then white spots with in the black. Hope that helps. Great job always fun to be out in the marsh shooting and seeing birds.
[signature]
Great pics! that's some good hunts represented right there!

Love the goldeneyes! Absolutely my favorite ducks out there, the sound, the way they look, they're awesome! In my opinion, the hardest duck to bring down there is, those things are tanks. Your buddy shot a good looking common goldeneye, the round eye patch and green iridescent head are dead give-aways. My buddy took a barrows on the salt this year, fantastic bird.

[inline IMG951700.jpg]

And congrats on that drake Can! That and the barrows are really about the only ducks available in Utah that I haven't shot yet, that's a trophy for sure. Going to mount him?
[signature]
To answer your question about mounting it, I was strongly leaning towards yes.... but not fully decided. I had it outside on my chest freezer in my carport, and he was frozen. I figured I would freeze him until I made that decision. Well, I guess I left my gate open, and my lab was not too happy that I didn't take him hunting (too cold for swimming). Long story short, he ripped the head off. So, no HE decided I wasn't mounting it.
[signature]
Bummer! well at least you got some good pictures to remember him by. People say cans are some of the best eating ducks, I cant remember what they taste like it's been so long since I shot my only hen.
[signature]
nice job old pal. Seems like you have been killin it this year. I have had the same issues posting the other day. Its pretty discouraging to say the least.

Hey, I lost your number we need to meet up on the ice and maybe do some cast n blast in the near future.
[signature]
sounds good Scott, I will send you a PM over with my number
[signature]
Congrats on some great hunts. You've had some fun, I'm envious!
[signature]