Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requesting Henry's Lake Help.
I'm headed to Henry's on Wednesday with a friend to try and get in on the great reports. I'm familiar with the lake in the summer. Not so much in the winter. We'll have a truck to get there but I'm lost on where parking is this time of year. Also with that where would people recommend. I hear of the hatchery but where is it safe to try there? Also what other locations would be good accessible spots. We don't have a snow machine or 4 wheeler to go hunting too far. I'm not looking for "secret" spots (although I wouldn't ignore them if offered [Wink]). Any help would be greatly appreciated. And as always feel free to PM me as you feel appropriate.
Thanks!
[signature]
Did you get my pm ?
[signature]
We went on Friday and iced about twenty fish right out from the county boat dock, but I'd wager you could try just about anywhere on the lake and do pretty well so long as you found a spot where the weeds weren't too thick. We were catching a lot in 6-10 feet of water. Almost every fish was caught on a jig tipped with worm. Several differtent jigs worked but the most productive for me was a white paddle bug with a chunk of worm. The best fishing seems to be before noon but you will catch fish on and off all day. The fish in this picture was a nice little Brook Trout, they have really beautiful colors in Henrys Lake.
[signature]
That is a nice Brookie. I love to catch them, they seem to fight a little more than the hybrids and cutts. I've been fishing mostly at the hatchery, and there doesn't seem to be as many brookies in that area. What you said about the weeds is also true at the hatchery, once you find a fairly clear spot you will catch fish all day. Just be cautious of the aerating and open water at the hatchery. White or black paddle bugs tipped with meal worm or night crawler has also been working well there. This picture is of a 24 inch, 5 pounder my brother pulled out Friday.
[signature]
Thanks for the info thus far, it's been great! Sorry I couldn't reply curt, wasn't checking the site then couldn't get the site to access most areas. I did get the pm though and have checked it out. Thanks. Those are some nice fish you guys posted! Keep those kinda reports coming.
[signature]