Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What U.S. State has the worst drivers
Well it isn't Utah, in fact, Utah has the second best drivers in the country. Does that surprise any of you? It surprised me, although I did not think we were the worst. Here is the link to the article:
[url "http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/16/21929780-congratulations-louisianans-youre-the-worst-drivers-in-america?lite"]http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/16/21929780-congratulations-louisianans-youre-the-worst-drivers-in-america?lite[/url]
[signature]
I agree with Louisiana having the worst drivers. When I drove down in New Orleans, in about 1969, if you were stopped at a stop light and the drivers behind you decided the light had been red long enough, they would start honking and driving forward. If you didn't drive on through the red light they would run over you.
[signature]
I've driven in a lot of states and feel that Utah drivers are among the most discourteous and simply brain dead as you'll find anywhere.
[signature]
[quote GEEZER]I've driven in a lot of states and feel that Utah drivers are among the most discourteous and simply brain dead as you'll find anywhere.[/quote]

BINGO!!! and I have even driven in korea, japan, all over the middle east and Singapore!
[signature]
I read a similar report Allstate Insurance came out this year. Basically the metrics were based on number Accident claims through various Insurance companies & NHTSA reports . Which really doesnt paint a clear picture

There are several accidents that people dont report due to either no insurance or fearful of insurance increases

Also how do you report jerks who cut you off in traffic or tail gate you. [pirate]
[signature]
yep!
[signature]
[quote GEEZER]I've driven in a lot of states and feel that Utah drivers are among the most discourteous and simply brain dead as you'll find anywhere.[/quote]

Yeah Utahns are very rude when they get behind the wheel. They are also crazy...
[signature]
I do think Utahns are the worst drivers in town. Stopping at red lights and stop signs seems optional to most. They routinely stop in the crosswalk or even protruding into the intersection. Staying within only one lane at a time seems real challenging to many. Our pedestrians and bike riders are also equally impaired. But we're looking at the wrong stats. This shows up in pedestrian and bike rider deaths. I remember at study a few years back where SLC ranked second with only Fort Lauderdale worse. If you've been to Fort Lauderdale it's pretty obvious the average age of someone behind the wheel is like 85 years old so I'm sure that's their issue. And beside Utah with relatively uncrowded streets most of the time, that are very wide, on a grid and few geographic barriers is about the easiest city in the world it's size to drive in (if drivers bothered to try). When I moved to Utah 15+ years ago I was perplexed why pretty much all Utah cities were like this. After a few years a realized it's because there's basically a 0.001% chance of getting a ticket for breaking traffic laws in town. Elsewhere sure you'd get away with it most of the time but if you drove how people in Utah do for a year you'd have a few dozen tickets and suspended license. I've seen more enforcement of trash/recycling and parking violations each in the past month than I've seen of traffic violations in the past year. We all know how many people are killed and injured from parking in a spot too long (or backed in rather than pulled in) and putting their garbage in the wrong bin compared to from vehicles, right[crazy].
[signature]