Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone checked out Causey?
Has anyone been up to check out Causey yet this year? I have not heard anything yet.
[signature]
There was a report a few days ago, someone had fished it but never said how the catching was.
[signature]
I was up there today. Ice is plenty safe, it was 6+ inches everywhere I drilled. The edges were fine too. There was a lot of snow and slush on the ice though, We were standing in a couple inches of water pretty much all day.
[signature]
The catching wasn't too bad either.

[Image: 1526219_10152129654949533_1399849077_n_zps03f62f36.jpg]
[signature]
Hey dude -nice Cutt there-did you catch any Kokes?
[signature]
No kokes that time but we talked to several people who did catch some. One guy said he had caught about 30 of them and big schools kept coming through. I guess we were just fishing in the wrong area.
[signature]
Where you fishing by the damn on the cliffs? Never tried right there but always see hut, I travel more towards boys out arm but haven't found any of the big hogs in there
[signature]
I fished more towards the cliffs.
[signature]
That was me!
I posted this asking about Causey and then ended up going up there on Saturday Morning.
I met another fella up there who was fishing alone so we fished by each other. He pulled up around 15 or so Kokes and we moved around a little bit.
I moved to where you saw and talked to me and after there about 15 minutes my sonar LIT UP..I have never seen it have so much activity on the screen...ever. It was amazing.
There must have been a school come camp out under me for about 45 min because it was insane.
I had multiple double hook-ups and it was even to the point I was dropping the jig down and catching them on bare hook - no bait.
I never landed anything over 10-12 inches....but they all seem to fight very well.
I was in 25 ft of water and the school would come through between 8-15 ft.
I only landed one other fish.....a 12 in Cutt.
Fun day, fish on the finder like I have never seen before......but I wasn't a fan of all the slush and mess on top of the ice and I wish I could have seen a few larger fish.
[signature]
Cool to run into another member! I'm glad you had such a good day! We left shortly after you did and only managed one more small rainbow in between. Slow day for us but the big cutthroat made it worth it, I don't catch fish that big there very often.
[signature]
i know that is jordan's place, everytime we hit the ice there we ne4ver catch fish, got some info from jordan and another bfter, but still can't catch anything
[signature]
[quote rgreenland]That was me!
I posted this asking about Causey and then ended up going up there on Saturday Morning.
I met another fella up there who was fishing alone so we fished by each other. He pulled up around 15 or so Kokes and we moved around a little bit.
I moved to where you saw and talked to me and after there about 15 minutes my sonar LIT UP..I have never seen it have so much activity on the screen...ever. It was amazing.
There must have been a school come camp out under me for about 45 min because it was insane.
I had multiple double hook-ups and it was even to the point I was dropping the jig down and catching them on bare hook - no bait.
I never landed anything over 10-12 inches....but they all seem to fight very well.
I was in 25 ft of water and the school would come through between 8-15 ft.
I only landed one other fish.....a 12 in Cutt.
Fun day, fish on the finder like I have never seen before......but I wasn't a fan of all the slush and mess on top of the ice and I wish I could have seen a few larger fish.[/quote]

were planing on heading up the day after christmas, do you mind sharing where about you was catching the koke? along with what you were having success using?
im more of a gorge boat angler so im still a rookie when it comes to hard decking
[signature]
Its a tough lake to figure out. I have had my share of slow days too, you just have to move around until you find them! Having some kind of sonar makes all the difference in the world at that place.
[signature]
Another on that long list of lakes I've not tried, but would like to. Anywhere's got Kokes! Though bit of a tripmfor me, not even sure how far the drive is. Is the lake/road easy access? Or do you need serious 4wd?

Might just have to stick closer to home, and try Porcupine.

My fidst experience with a "clod" on sonar was Bear Lake last year. When the cisco came thru, the screen went BLACK,

Thanks for the report and info. Sounds lime fun. What's the Koke limit there?
Its only about 15-20 minutes east of Pineview. The road is pretty easy access, it is usually packed down pretty well unless you go in the middle of a big storm but even then it's still not too bad. Getting to the water is a little more difficult but still do able. Most people usually hike down the dam. You can access the lake from the south end but you would have a loooong walk to get to any good fishing spots.

I don't think Causey has any special regulations on Kokanee, just the standard limit (4 I believe?). I don't usually keep any so I can't remember for sure.
[signature]
Yea, 4 total, either four kokes of four trout or a combination. It is a pretty steep hike down and up. You can make it up there in a 2x2 unless it is snowing.
[signature]