Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
great afternoon of hunting.
Hit some public land for a quick hunt and had an epic night. Had over 75+ teal all decoy in at one time, boy are they fast, then all the mallards Showed up, ended with twelve between three of us and two of the mallards were banded. Had some geese make a few circles but didn't have and goose decoys so they lived for another day. Best day we have had all year. We just got into duck hunting this fall so this was a plus for us. We have been getting a single here and there but nothing like this and our calling is getting better, I think.

Good shooting.
[signature]
Nice job! I am usually in the water twice a week but this year with my wife working and I am in school and working I have only got out seven times this year. It has been quite a struggle for me. Glad to here you guys are doing good. Teal are my favorite duck.
[signature]
TWO banded mallards and no pics? Geez, you must have found the honey hole! I've been duck hunting since I was a little kid and have yet to get any duck jewelry on my lanyard!

My buddies and I figure banded ducks are about 1 in 500 based on the numbers of birds our group shoots. Geese in Utah, about 1 in 10 is banded. Post up info from the bands when you get them!
[signature]
It's quite a site to see a big flock of ducks decoy in. A few years ago I had mallards coming in by the dozens. I think you found were they all go when we get a good freeze.

Keep killing them dead.
[signature]
Had to get photos off of phone and onto computer.
So I guess it has been a good year according to your estimation. The first and only goose I shot this year also had a band, and now two mallards in one afternoon. lucky spot I guess..
good luck...
[signature]