Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Help
ive been in Utah my whole life and have yet to catch a fish on strawberry my buddy recently got back from a mission and is dying to hit the ice is anyone out there willing to help me out he wants to fish on strawberry this sat ive tried ice fishing strawberry multiple times and no luck im not trying to steal any spots I don't go to strawberry very often we don't have any 4wheelers or snowmobiles so the closer to shore the better. thanks in advance feel free to pm me if you don't want everyone to see it
[signature]
I've been three times to the marina this year and have caught every time. Usually been fishing about 70 yards from the shore and dropping my line about 10 feet down. Mainly I've used ice flies tipped with either shrimp or mealworms. I don't have a honey Hole for you but just look for holes with either blood or fish crap around them.
[signature]
What depth?
[signature]
I was fishing 25-35 ft of water.
[signature]
I have found that a fish finder helps a lot when ice fishing. If you've got one handy it can help with knowing when the fish are coming through and if you need to drop down to them or come up. The bite is usually light through the ice.
I've been using my marcum showdown
[signature]
Today we fished away from the crowds north of the marina. Used a green paddle bug tipped with a minnow. Also caught fish with a meal worm and a tube jig white in color. We were in 22' of water. While watching the fish on my camera sometimes they would not bite unless my jig was laying on the ground in the mud. Yes, strange but caught fish laying it in the mud. I would suggest getting up early and don't sleep in you will catch fish before the entourage shows up. Good luck.
[signature]