Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 fishing highlights
2013 was easily the best fishing year of my life -- granted I haven't been much of a fisherman for most of my life. Here are some of the highlights:

Best Moment -- Doubles 25" cutts at Scofield with my Father. Reeling in these two beasts simultaneously was awesome. And they smoked up wonderfully:
[inline "Scofield twin 25s Nov 2.jpg"]

Next up, my friend James getting his fish on KSL -- and then weather.com. Scofield was a "last minute" change for us that day instead of The Berry. It was a great choice!
[inline "James 24in Cutt Scofield Oct2013.jpg"]

I caught the biggest Cutt of my life on a subsequent Scofield trip:
[inline "Scofield 27in Cutt Nov16.jpg"]

Lots of "Firsts" for 2013. Early in the year Geezer hosted my daughter and I on our first Ice Fishing trip to Utah Lake. She landed a number of doubles and wasn't shy about letting me know I had not.
[inline "Kira Ice fishing White bass.JPG"]

My daughter and I also added Kokanee Salmon to our caught species list. Mine was a nice 18"er.
[inline "First Kokanee.JPG"]

I also added personal flotation craft to my arsenal this year. I spent most of my float time on a motorized tube -- the highlight was definitely catching a 15 (or so) SMB and an occasional LMB on topwater at Deer Creek on the summer morning trips before work.

[inline "DC Aug1 One of the best.JPG"]

After this year my definition of what constitutes a "good day" fishing has been forever altered. We had several 50+ mornings on the boat. Strawberry was tops for numbers.... Deer Creek was awesome for morning trips.... but Scofield this fall was AWESOME for large fish.

My daughter at Strawberry with her biggest catch of the year... 23" Cutt:

[inline "Kira 23in Cutt Aug17 Strawberry.JPG"]

My Nephew with his first Walleye at Deer Creek this spring:
[inline "Deer Creek Walleye May 2013.jpg"]

Scofield 26"

[inline "26in Cutt2.jpg"]

Hopefully this next year I get a chance to fish with more BTF'ers. I feel I'm to the point I actually bring something to the table instead of just being a sponge for "input". Though I am still that as well.

Happy Fishy 2014 BTF
[signature]
Looks like an awesome year.
[signature]
Sweet post and sweet year man. You've got a lot to live up to in 2014
[signature]