Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Week Report
Henrys Dec. 24th: We hit Staleys early but a little later than I like. The fish were biting well when we first got there at 8:00 then it quickly died. We ended up landing about a dozen 16-18" fish and 1 hybrid that went 23" on white paddle bugs. We were fishing very shallow.

Dec. 27th: We went to Montpelier Res. The fishing for perch was fast and furious all day. We only caught one kokanee and a few small trout all day. We filleted about 150 4-8" perch and had a nice perch dinner.

Dec. 28th: We went to Deep Creek. We had a lot of people and a lot of poles in the water. The fishing never seemed fast but we managed to catch a few all day long. We ended up landing around 35 rainbows. Most were 12-16" long footballs. We did get a few 18-21"ers. As usual they were full of snails. There were more people out on the ice than I have ever seen at Deep Creek but it was probably due to the really nice warm day.

I hope to get out a couple more times this week but the conditions at Ririe are making the local cheap options difficult.

Windriver
[signature]
I always look forward to your Christmas trip report. My son and I were also at Deep for two hours Saturday morning, saw a 1M plate I would have tried to run into you if I knew it was you. I know what you mean by football, I caught the fattest 14'' fish I ever have while there. After a couple of hours with OK catch rates we decided to head to Weston just to do it. My son caught one nice bow, and then we went to Devil and had some of the slowest fishing I ever have had there, still manged to catch fish, but it seemed everyone in the area was desperate for even a bite. Weird day to see kids running everywhere not fishing at Devil, that place usually keeps people entertained.

OvidCreek
[signature]
Love your trip reports. Any videos this year? I am so greedy! But it is fun to see the enthusiasm of your boys.
[signature]
Those footballs at Deep Creek sound like fun. I haven't been there in a few years, but I think I'll have to give it a go for ice out.
[signature]