Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rockport boots left behind
fished rockport yesterday afternoon till about 5:00 fishing was pretty slow. but anyways when i went to leave i left my boots sitting next to the truck on the boat ramp. i know its a long shot but if anyone knows of anybody that picked a pair of boots up i would love to get them back. Thanks
[signature]
Hope you get them back. Have you contacted the state park?
[signature]
I found your boots.... dried them out, cleaned them up, sprayed them down with dry camp and put new laces in them. Been checking BFT to find owner..... merry christmas!!!
[signature]
[quote Deepwateroff]

I found your boots.... dried them out, cleaned them up, sprayed them down with dry camp and put new laces in them. Been checking BFT to find owner..... merry christmas!!!

[/quote]

Me thinks you are pulling someone's leg, just a tad.[Wink]
[signature]
Nope true story. Left message with Park Range too. Found them yesterday morning at 5 am, fished till after dark. Got home, cut the laces out of them, they were trashed, and put them in front of the heater over night. This morning I sprayed them with dry camp. Checked BFT around noon and found the owner. Went down and bought new laces for them, and I'm waiting to here back from the owner.
[signature]
You, sir, are a paragon of virtue and avuncular concern.
[signature]
Wow, you should get some good karma for doing all of that. Where are you going to be fishing next?[Wink]
[signature]
Not sure, Rockport is were I fish the most, but it has been slow. Looking for some bigger fish. Might try the berry next weekend. Always wanted to try musky and pike thru the ice. So Pineview is on the list. Want to try Yuba went it ices up.
[signature]
Zipp ended up being a stand up guy. He emailed me and came and got his boots while I was at work. He even tried to give me a $25 Cabelas gift card.
[signature]
I wish someone like you would have found my old fave green light saber rod at mantua... damn the luck!

Good on ya!
[signature]
thanks deepwateroff for being an honest guy and getting my boots back to me. makes me feel alot better knowing there are still people out there like you.
[signature]
Deepwateroff that is quite something you did. Really impressed that there are great people like you.

Two years ago I left my entire collection of rods laying in the loading area by Silver Lake Flat. Ran back several hours later and they were stacked nicely against a rock. Really appreciate that.
[signature]
Thanks, it was the right thing to do. We have to look out for each other. Hunting and fishing is very expensive and its hard yo replace things. This fall I had a blind and a trail camera stolen during the general deer hunt. I was bow hunting above Bountiful on sky line road and didn't think I needed to remove it for the gun hunters... I was wrong.
[signature]
I am glad there are still a few honest people around. Sorry to hear about your blind and camera.
[signature]
Good on you man. I hope the fishing gods reward you amply (no, bountifully) for your good deed.
[signature]