Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey kokes
I ventured out for my first try at kokes. Had a good guide, We got there early only one other group out on the ice and started punching holes. We found some marks in the 40' range. We had about a two hr window were it was fast and furious, the fish would be stacked from 40' all the way to the bottom of the hole. We didn't get anything over about 10" but Had a blast. One more fish off the bucket list.
lures, same glow jigs as used for perch with a waxy.
[signature]
Good going Chad, when they come in, it is fast catching, too bad the size are so small. This is the first year I have caught them this small at Causey. Reminds me of the kokes at the Pig.
[signature]
Sounds like a blast! I'm new to the area and keep hearing about the kokes at Causey. Ventured up about a week ago with no success. Would you mind lending a few tips? I could never seem to locate them. Are there certain areas I should target? Thanks a bunch!
[signature]
I'm looking to get out next weekend! What setup did you use? Thanks
[signature]
just straight out in front of the damn and look in about 70-82 fow we drilled a lot of holes till we found some blips on the finder.
tried a spoon above the jig but couldn't get a good hook set so went to a glow head and waxy and dropped down. caught a few just a foot below the ice and many at 20-40 feet.
[signature]