Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Map
This is the best basic map of the Strawberry I have found, helps to know where people are talking about when reading reports. What other location names are missing, and where are they located? Does anyone have names for certain areas? For example, I call the area just east of the ladders with the small cliffs "the cliffs".

http://wildlife.utah.gov/strawberry/pdf/strawberry.pdf

Thanks
[signature]
The map is a good idea for folks that don't get up there much. There is Chicken Creek West and Chicken Creek East (also known as Jakes Bay). The bay west of Haws Point and the Strawberry Marina is called East Portal/ Bryant's Fork. This is where the water is piped from Strawberry to the Wasatch front through Diamond Fork. I'm sure there are lots of other named locations besides these. Happy Fishing!
[signature]
You are also missing the "old dam site" & "the old dike"
[signature]
USGS topo maps of Strawberry have names of bays and area. Look on trails.com
You got RENEGADE on there, that's all that counts[Wink]
[signature]
That is a good basic map. If you want to step up to the next level, purchase a Fish 'N Map from the local tackle shops.
[signature]
The trails.com topo map gives a lot more details, thanks for the info. You do need to zoom in close to see the location names, and scroll around a bit to navigate, just wish it was a bit more user friendly.

http://www.trails.com/topo.aspx?lat=40.1...0Reservoir

I didn't even think about lake maps at fishing shops, will have to check that out too.

Thanks
[signature]
I agree. That is a good basic map but, get the map of Strawberry-Soldier Creek Reservoir from Fish n Map Co. Nothing better out there that I know of for showing locations, bottom contours and structure. I consult mine often and use it in combination with my GPS.
[signature]